• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Snooker

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

sir fly said:
Squire said:
The Simon Gerrans of snooker seems unstoppable. :)
Yes, I get the analogy... But Selby's an exceptional break builder, as well. Just take a look at his closing frames of the match with Fu.

If there's a match player equal to Selby, it's Higgins.
It was said rather jokingly. He is obviously one of the greats. And the final could be intense if Higgins brings it. Although I prefer watching O'Sullivan glide around the table playing silky smooth snooker, a proper battle could be good entertainment too.

Maybe Froome would've been a better comparison. It's not pretty, but it's deadly effective and gets the job done. But just like I'm hoping my man Valverde will finally get his Worlds title at some point, I believe Ding deserves a WC win.

Re: Re:

Squire said:
sir fly said:
Squire said:
The Simon Gerrans of snooker seems unstoppable. :)
Yes, I get the analogy... But Selby's an exceptional break builder, as well. Just take a look at his closing frames of the match with Fu.

If there's a match player equal to Selby, it's Higgins.
It was said rather jokingly. He is obviously one of the greats. And the final could be intense if Higgins brings it. Although I prefer watching O'Sullivan glide around the table playing silky smooth snooker, a proper battle could be good entertainment too.

Maybe Froome would've been a better comparison. It's not pretty, but it's deadly effective and gets the job done. But just like I'm hoping my man Valverde will finally get his Worlds title at some point, I believe Ding deserves a WC win.
Off course he does.
His mindset is better and better and the skill never was in question. It's just Selby's prime.

Damnit, so close for Ding. One long hard-fought frame after another that could go both ways really. But tbh that 26th frame was kind of a game decider, when Ding potted a great long red and then was on a (difficult) green that unluckily touched both jaws of the middle pocket. Selby took the frame, 14-12, and from there on you'd never really had the feeling Ding could turn the table.

Re:

Flamin said:
Damnit, so close for Ding. One long hard-fought frame after another that could go both ways really. But tbh that 26th frame was kind of a game decider, when Ding potted a great long red and then was on a (difficult) green that unluckily touched both jaws of the middle pocket. Selby took the frame, 14-12, and from there on you'd never really had the feeling Ding could turn the table.
These snooker tables are pretty huge, tbf.

Selby turned the match around and leads now 13:11.
It was the catch 22 in the afternoon's session. Should Higgins have won that frame, would've been a different score.

Now Higgins should show the match playing excellence.
11 frames more to play...

Re:

sir fly said:
Higgins just couldn't bounce back. Maybe was impatient a bit during his last shot, but can't say that shot cost him the title.
Selby becoming one of the game's all-time greats.
It was great for the match that Higgins managed to mount a mini comeback, and probably good for his mindset going into next season. But Selby was just tougher, as expected.

Speaking of all-time greats, Selby deserves to be in any discussion that doesn't include Hendry, O'Sullivan, Davis and Higgins (John, that is).

TRENDING THREADS