• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Snooker

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I am a far better pool player than bike rider...but I love both, as distractions. It is strange, how similar the 2 pursuits are, given their base differences.

I enjoy snooker, but COMING FROM A TABLE THAT MEASURES 4.5X9 (damn you, caps lock), playing on a snooker table (6x12ft) is very difficult...looks like an ocean.

My preferred game, billiard/ pool related, is 3 cushion billiards. Intriguing.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
http://www.h2g2.com/approved_entry/A1032058
article-0-0855134B000005DC-907_306x389.jpg

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Great,:)but I'm sad because of Steve Davis.Unfortunately Maflin is in superb form.Do you know who will be opponent for Ronnie in 1st round possibly?
A random qualifier. I would like it to be Jack Lisowski. A potters' duel.
I watched Davis vs Maflin yesterday and got an impression that if it wasn't on best of 19 frames Davis could have won the match. He looks to be struggling to keep his focus in longer matches. But for a man of his age it's not surprising.
I like his passion for the game. He's playing it out of pure love.

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
ILovecycling said:
Great,:)but I'm sad because of Steve Davis.Unfortunately Maflin is in superb form.Do you know who will be opponent for Ronnie in 1st round possibly?

I don't think the draw has been made yet, I believe they do it after all the qualifiers have finished which is in a few days, I think they do it on the radio, or at least did last year, sometime next week most likely.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
serfla said:
A random qualifier. I would like it to be Jack Lisowski. A potters' duel.
I watched Davis vs Maflin yesterday and got an impression that if it wasn't on best of 19 frames Davis could have won the match. He looks to be struggling to keep his focus in longer matches. But for a man of his age it's not surprising.
I like his passion for the game. He's playing it out of pure love.
Yeah,I wasnt surprised at all.Maflin is in superb form,and I agree with you in problems of longer matches that Steve has,UK champ. is probably a bit easier for him.
As for Lisowski,I wouldnt like to see him playing against OSullivan in 1st round,cos I want Ronnie to win WCh so bad ,but Im enjoying watching Lisowski too,so someone like off-form Williams is more suitable for me:D
Cyivel said:
I don't think the draw has been made yet, I believe they do it after all the qualifiers have finished which is in a few days, I think they do it on the radio, or at least did last year, sometime next week most likely.
Probably you are right with the draw...Im scr**** cos Im not from GB, I would like to watch snooker un Crucible live:(

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Jimmy didn't manage to find his place in the main draw, live tomorrow at 1:30 pm GMT(I suppose).
Similar problem like Davis. Good in controlling the white ball, has excellent technique, quick and accurate in finding the angles, but struggles to keep the focus.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Odds down from 6 to 4 after Ronnie's opening match.
Even less at some houses. Without a single competitive match in last 9 months.
Overrated, in my opinion; but speaks volumes about the man's greatness

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
l.Harm said:
Exciting quarter-final now between Trump and Murphy (11-11). Last frame was so close with lots of weird mistakes.
Entire match is fantastic.
6-2, 8-8, and now some tense frame trading.
The winner will meet Ronnie in the semis.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Snooker of the highest quality.
For a moment it looked like Trump will be cooked slowly in the decider, but a good escape, followed by a difficult snooker and mini brake, switched the roles.
No matter how good Ronnie looks, I think he would be happier with Murphy.

serfla

BANNED
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Routinely done by Ronnie.
Too bad we've seen the dawn of the favorites so early in the tournament.
Nevertheless, Ronnie looked unbeatable. Calm and precise.

Anybody watching? Level is quite bad this worlds imo. I'm not an expert in snooker at all so correct my if I'm wrong. I hope Robertson can show something now, always like to see him playing. I also like Trump but he played really bad, especially his second session. Still made it to the second round but needs to improve his game.

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
Black Betsy said:
The return of Pappy McManus,beating Cheatings, was pure magic!

That was awesome.On the other hand Murphy match to 19 frames was one of the worst I have ever seen from such a good players:eek:

Looking to O'Sullivan - Perry,he can pull some nice defensive play:)

TRENDING THREADS