• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So-called "athletes"

W. T. F.

g-cvr-101015-tag2-6p.grid-6x2.jpg

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Don't make fun of the rangers or that guy sitting next to Nolan Ryan will call his friends in Dubai and arrange some more payback on New York Yankee fans.

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
34fo2vl.jpg

2ur8js1.jpg

Ok these guys are way over the top but most offensive linemen with big guts are perfectly designed for what they do - most a few feet at a time and smack the hell out of the guy trying to get by them.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Altitude said:
Yeah...

linemen.jpg

Professional athletes here in the US

The guy with his back showing in the photo is(91) Leonardo Carson. He played for the Chargers and a friend who is part of the staff got me into a couple of workouts. Carson could bench press almost 500 lbs..he got traded to Dallas and his body blew out..now doing 10 years for selling coke

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
usedtobefast said:
that is CC Sabathia in the Yankee uniform. and yeah he is a great pitcher,CY YOUNG winner. i dare you to stand in the batters box and try to hit against him.
your skinny(mine too) bike riding fanny will be on the ground wishing he was in the duggout.;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CC_Sabathia

That doesn't matter he's fat and thus not suited for long lasting efforts.(which is not what he has to do if you ask me :p all he has to do is throw a ball :rolleyes:)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Even "fat and lazy" soccer players are usually lean and with very good shape.

The original and only real Ronaldo being the exception:

combo_ronaldo_620x385.jpg

Pic on the left in August, pic on the right now, purportedly having lost 6 kg.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
fatandfast said:
The guy with his back showing in the photo is(91) Leonardo Carson. He played for the Chargers and a friend who is part of the staff got me into a couple of workouts. Carson could bench press almost 500 lbs..he got traded to Dallas and his body blew out..now doing 10 years for selling coke

i use to bench 450(ten years ago) and was 180 your point is what to be strong you must be a fat slob? would they not be better served with more muscle and less adipose tissue? like say 20lbs-40lbs less total weight but more muscle and power/speed seems like obvious lazyness to me. why are mma fighters not so fat if it is so effective in overpowering other males i call b.s. throw sumos into mma and see what happens you tube comic relief. being big and fat is never effective for anything at least not anything atatched to athleticism. there are rare genetic exceptions who just cant be lean and are good athletes there the exception not the rule. once again american sports refelect are society as a whole and what most forget is there mostly only popular here.

Jul 25, 2010
twitter.com
Leopejo said:
Even "fat and lazy" soccer players are usually lean and with very good shape.

The original and only real Ronaldo being the exception:

combo_ronaldo_620x385.jpg

Pic on the left in August, pic on the right now, purportedly having lost 6 kg.

Jeez, what happened to him? Even the slimmed down version is a bit flabby.

TRENDING THREADS