• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

SO I went and saw Lancville 100, err Lance accross the Sky...

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
...or whatever it was called to "see what happens next" after his flat like the promo said...ya know...last night.. It was OK.

Crowd was all Lance Crowd and when we booed Lance briefly we got an earfull from this Palinesque soccer mom telling us Lance was a "Believer" and his faith is not to be questioned and we clearly were not believers?

WTF is a "Believer" in Cycling?

Was she suggesting that Lance is a Born Again Christian and represents her church?

We had to tell her this wasn't the 8th time he won Leadville and that it was in Colorado....

Good thing there was a Yardhouse next to the flix. I needed a beer

Boeing said:
...or whatever it was called to "see what happens next" after his flat like the promo said...ya know...last night.. It was OK.

Crowd was all Lance Crowd and when we booed Lance briefly we got an earfull from this Palinesque soccer mom telling us Lance was a "Believer" and his faith is not to be questioned and we clearly were not believers?

Was she suggesting that Lance is a Born Again Christian and represents her church?

We had to tell her this wasn't the 8th time he won Leadville and that it was in Colorado....

You guys should probably count yourselves lucky to have escaped without a beating. Those soccer moms can be vicious. :D

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:

Where did you see this?

Bagster

BANNED
Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
Boeing said:

Personally i think that spectators who boo riders, no matter who the rider is are just total losers and don't belong in sport....but hey thats just me;)

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Bagster said:
Personally i think that spectators who boo riders, no matter who the rider is are just total losers and don't belong in sport....but hey thats just me;)

At the movies?

hahahahaha you are some kind of moral equivalent aren't you just like the wack job mom.

So I don't belong on the road riding? what a practical cognator you are.

What if I boo Diluca at the Giro. I booed Tyler Hamilton at interbike after he was accused. can I boo Vino if he comes to the tour of Cali? What about Flandis. I was booing the fact that we have to live through another Trek add andLance Bio. I got enough of that on OLN

I booed Manny and Kemp here at Dodger stadium. Kemp after his 12th strike out. Manny because he juiced allegedly

Dude you reason like Sara Palin. Thanks for proving my point. are you the douche or the bag?

"They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan"

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Actually they did a good job on this movie keeping it real IMHO

I just wish Cycling and mtn biking was the cultural event they were there to see.

This lady could see L' Arc de Triumphe from her house

War Greg LeMond

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Booing in a movie theatre is just rude, doing it to get a rise out of someone is pathetic.
Booing at a ball game is acceptable behaviour but to boo someone for striking out is ignorant of the game. To do it to Matt Kemp who just won the Golden Glove AND the Silver Slugger award is beyond pathetic.
You do realize his salary is a fraction of what the big stars are paid and that even the best hitters fail over 60 percent of the time at the plate? Add to that trying to make split second decisions while a ball is being thrown at you with such velocity that it can do serious injury(see Tony Conigliaro)
Overall Kemp had a fantastic year at the plate & in the field and you boo him?
Unbelievable. Please stay away from the ballpark people like you shouldnt be allowed in.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
runninboy said:
Booing in a movie theatre is just rude, doing it to get a rise out of someone is pathetic.
Booing at a ball game is acceptable behaviour but to boo someone for striking out is ignorant of the game. To do it to Matt Kemp who just won the Golden Glove AND the Silver Slugger award is beyond pathetic.
You do realize his salary is a fraction of what the big stars are paid and that even the best hitters fail over 60 percent of the time at the plate? Add to that trying to make split second decisions while a ball is being thrown at you with such velocity that it can do serious injury(see Tony Conigliaro)
Overall Kemp had a fantastic year at the plate & in the field and you boo him?
Unbelievable. Please stay away from the ballpark people like you shouldnt be allowed in.

Kemp 8 game wonder postseason streak

7 hits in 34 At Bats with 16K's

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
To all you haters

You can boo Floyd because he truly sucked this year.
Unless you are a Lance Fanboy you can't boo Lance. He had an awesome year.
He acted like a jerk to Contador. Contador sure didn't deserve that but that is the game Lance plays.
I hope that the haters get along the course of the Tour of California. Tour de France. I hope the haters dress up in syringe uniforms with big freaking faux EPO syringes and **** Lance off. That is the thing that motivates Lance.
Watch Lance and learn. You might be able to use his tricks in real life.
The guy is a psycho. Lance will enter your dreams. The more negative you are towards him the stronger he is.
If you all would like to see our roads up here in Monterey County and Sonoma County come on up. Take a vacation from Orange County. I feel your pain.

flicker said:
You can boo Floyd because he truly sucked this year.
Unless you are a Lance Fanboy you can't boo Lance. He had an awesome year.
He acted like a jerk to Contador. Contador sure didn't deserve that but that is the game Lance plays.
I hope that the haters get along the course of the Tour of California. Tour de France. I hope the haters dress up in syringe uniforms with big freaking faux EPO syringes and **** Lance off. That is the thing that motivates Lance.
Watch Lance and learn. You might be able to use his tricks in real life.
The guy is a psycho. Lance will enter your dreams. The more negative you are towards him the stronger he is.
If you all would like to see our roads up here in Monterey County and Sonoma County come on up. Take a vacation from Orange County. I feel your pain.

I sure can boo Lance, he acted like a 12 year old all frickin summer. If he was my kid he would not have been able to sit down for a week. At the same time I would not boo Floyd, he needs help, not booing.
I agree that Lance is a psycho, I guess where we disagree is when you apparently conclude that that is a virtue. Sorry for you that you have to pick that sort to idolize.
Rest assured that he will not enter my dreams in any way, I have much more important things to worry about, although I have an uncomfortable feeling that he has a very important place in your dreams.
I try to feel your pain.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I used to hate Lance. After I saw him in the movie Dodge Ball and when they did the documentary about him on Versus when he dated Shreyl Crow I kind of saw a wee bit of charm in him.
But living through the type of cancer98( My wife is in medicine and explained it to me) 0and the stage it was at awesome.
I know most people in the forum see him in a negative light, but watching him improve during the Giro and then take 3rd in the Tour this year....outasite man.
I don't know anything about mountain biking except he leadville smashed that other guys record to smithereens.

flicker said:
I used to hate Lance. After I saw him in the movie Dodge Ball and when they did the documentary about him on Versus when he dated Shreyl Crow I kind of saw a wee bit of charm in him.
But living through the type of cancer98( My wife is in medicine and explained it to me) 0and the stage it was at awesome.
I know most people in the forum see him in a negative light, but watching him improve during the Giro and then take 3rd in the Tour this year....outasite man.
I don't know anything about mountain biking except he leadville smashed that other guys record to smithereens.

Oh I don't even know where to start here. Yes he may be charming sometimes but at the same time he is a totally self centered a$$. Lots of shallow people can be charming but that doesn't mean we have to idolize them. We also don't need to idolize everyone who can ride a bike fast, we can recognise their achievements but still hold them at arms length (or more) for their personal failings.
You have to learn how to be a cycling fan without being a sycophant for somebody who's total contribution is that he can ride a bike fast. Yeah I know he has the whole cancer thing but taking into account how much he has made off the whole deal I'd call that a draw.
We in the forum who "see him in a negative light" do so because we know the history of the man.
By the way the guy who's record he smashed at Leadville, he retired from pro MTB racing almost a decade ago. He was one of the pioneers of a new sport and if he has made 1/100 as much as Armstrong in his career then he was lucky. He drops his kid off a school and picks them up a few hours later, himself. He doesn't hire someone else to do it. Compared to Lance he is a true amateur bike racer at this point in his life, what is the BFD that Lance can beat him?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Armstrong

I appreciate Armstrong for who he is.
The cancer surviver really has me in inspiration of him. Selfishly I appreciate Lance because he attracts sponsors to the sport. If he gets more people riding bikes and participating in other sports worldwide it means better general health and less obesity worldwide.
If women get cancer checkups and men get cancer checkups because they see a cancer survivor win a bike race Lance is successful.
Lance is a go getter an advocate for life.
I have a stack of cycling magazines from 2001 to 2009. Hate to pop anyones bubble but the winners of those races were juicing. At least half of the top consistent pros were positive or under suspicion.
So when the finger is pointed I look at the finger pointer.
I just want to ride my bike and watch the races on TV and the computer.
I am glad Amgen supports our race and I am glad ASO has chosen affiliation with it. More power to the dope testers lets hope they do their job.