• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So...What do your neighbors think?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
the student said:
IN the Netherlands we have more bikes than people... almost everyone has a bike and cycles ( either small or longer distances ) but there is a large difference between just cycling on a normal city bike and racing ( including BMX en MTB ). But at least most people understand what you do, some like it, some hate it... but i has always been like that

dito in Belgium :D although nobody really hates it:) except for some people that think the road is theirs only :(

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Not in my neighborhood..fat angry foxwatching w04 stickered crewcab driving republican trash are the biggest threats. The non threats are also Republican..I shouldn't ride on the street because their taxes paid for it and it is only for their use at any given time. Hope you have fun with your republican friends..

Nice generalization there.

I watch Fox, I am a Republican. I ride everyday with people from all walks of life.
It is nice as we talk about cycling and not politics.
As my friend Bill O'Reilly would say....wise up!

Maybe you should move somewhere where all the liberals are.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
cyclestationgiuseppe said:
Nice generalization there.

I watch Fox, I am a Republican. I ride everyday with people from all walks of life.
It is nice as we talk about cycling and not politics.
As my friend Bill O'Reilly would say....wise up!

Maybe you should move somewhere where all the liberals are.

Well good for you..Around here the republicans live to be republicans(ie AHs)
They can't get 3ft from their front door without complaining how put upon they are..None of them ride because they know all too well how they could get run over because they are the ones aiming and cussing at cyclists and whining about owning their little piece of their visible world at any given time.
Your friend Bill O"Reilly?? Swell..what a guy..I bet you have other great friends. reflections of each other I bet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZj4Wy58Pk

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Well good for you..Around here the republicans live to be republicans(ie AHs)
They can't get 3ft from their front door without complaining how put upon they are..None of them ride because they know all too well how they could get run over because they are the ones aiming and cussing at cyclists and whining about owning their little piece of their visible world at any given time.
Your friend Bill O"Reilly?? Swell..what a guy..I bet you have other great friends. reflections of each other I bet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXZj4Wy58Pk

Great video, what was that like 1982?

Thanks. I do have some great friends. Again if you do not like where you live, then move. Preferably somewhere outside the US.
Around here, we just work hard, play harder and laugh our a**es of at the bleeding heart liberals i.e. OBAMA
One
Big
A**
MIstake
America

Cheers

May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. I do have some great friends. Again if you do not like where you live, then move. Preferably somewhere outside the US.
Around here, we just work hard, play harder and laugh our a**es of at the bleeding heart liberals i.e. OBAMA
One
Big
A**
MIstake
America

Cheers

weee hoooooo!!!!! Wow,.... one big a** mistake america...is that suppose to be profound????Are you old enough to have a driver's license or are you just a moron? I WORK HARD AND PLAY HARDER pfffffffft....so unique and exclusive(clinical terms)... The countries my ancestors came from told them "love it or leave it" so they did.

Here's your daddy
bushhaiti.jpg

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
weee hoooooo!!!!! Wow,.... one big a** mistake america...is that suppose to be profound????Are you old enough to have a driver's license or are you just a moron? I WORK HARD AND PLAY HARDER pfffffffft....so unique and exclusive(clinical terms)... The countries my ancestors came from told them "love it or leave it" so they did.

Here's your daddy
bushhaiti.jpg

Typical liberal to resort to name calling.

Profound, well yes it is.
I clearly hit a nerve eh? I'm sorry.
The real question is
who's your daddy?
My parents were also LEGAL immigrants....show me your papers pal.

Also, I clearly state on my profile where I am from and what I do, and will gladly state my political status as well. You can wish for my untimely death tonight when you go to sleep.

You made a generalization with your original post. According to you, all cyclists are tree hugging liberals, in fact, FYI, they are not, they come from all walks of life.

At least GW actually rides a bike, although, I hear it's a crappy Trek, but he is the root of all evil of course. I heard that he created evil and saddle sores.

Again, sorry you think your neighbors are pathetic, if it is true, pack up and move somewhere they will appreciate your generalizing opinion.
like San Francisco, then you could come up the hill and we could go for a ride.

Cheers

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Funny how republicans find brain surgeons to write their little slogans..and then adults spread this stuff around like it is intelligent.. It's kind of like some beautiful super model that wants to tell a joke " did you hear about the dentist from Nantucket" .... please honey don't....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fBz_Dz_GR8

I confess that my 20 year old son told me that Obama joke. He got it from the right wing college I sent him to. I also had my 10 year old daughter type it for me onto the forum. She needs to practice before I let her go play with the neighbors kids.

Again, nice generalization.

I will abstain from quoting the liberal stuff written by rhesus monkeys.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My Hispanic wife likes Anderson Cooper. Thanks for the vid.

Do you like being a republican when people((""real americans"")) give your hispanic wife **it in the name of the Republican Party?

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
Do you like being a republican when people((""real americans"")) give your hispanic wife **it in the name of the Republican Party?

She's a Republican too...a business owner and a great mom.

Do you really live in a world where "everyone" fits in some little box of labels that you have fabricated in your mind? It must be lonely in there.

You should come up and take a breath of fresh air once in awhile. It might make you less angry.

I am a real American, fought for my country. (Sorry I did not die for you.)
Got any other clever anecdotes?
Maybe you can post some more CNN videos for me. Something neighborly perhaps.

Cheers

May 23, 2010
Visit site
She's a Republican too...a business owner and a great mom.

Do you really live in a world where "everyone" fits in some little box of labels that you have fabricated in your mind? It must be lonely in there.

You should come up and take a breath of fresh air once in awhile. It might make you less angry.

I am a real American, fought for my country. (Sorry I did not die for you.)
Got any other clever anecdotes?
Maybe you can post some more CNN videos for me. Something neighborly perhaps.

Cheers

I don't care if she is too...How do you feel when republicans who think of themselves as the "real americans" give your wife s**t because they think it's cool and the republican thing to do? Oh and thanks for not being old enough to have ever voted for Reagan. You went straight for the Moonies.

Republicans do fit...They all echo their undisputed leader Rush Limbaugh.

Left of Obama..
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/print.php?pid=25838
Today's GOP is off the chart..the party of hate.

Apr 19, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
I don't care if she is too...How do you feel when republicans who think of themselves as the "real americans" give your wife s**t because they think it's cool and the republican thing to do? Oh and thanks for not being old enough to have ever voted for Reagan. You went straight for the Moonies.

Republicans do fit...They all echo their undisputed leader Rush Limbaugh.

Left of Obama..
http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/print.php?pid=25838
Today's GOP is off the chart..the party of hate.

Again more generalizations.

Take a deep breath bro...All that hate will tear you up inside.
You should try and be more neighborly.

And my sincerest apologies to the OP for Myself and Red hijacking this thread.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
My apologies for hijacking this thread too.. To give the benefit of the doubt I don't always have people with W04 or McCain/Palin stickers on their crew cabs try to hit me but now I know who to watch out for.. My close neighbors have been nothing but encouraging to my bike riding.. I have ridden around the neighborhood a bunch and kids have come out and tried to ride along with their helmets on and their elbows tucked in like they were racing me..Some adults have also joined me if only for a few minutes.. They too wore helmets as I do. Several neighbors who I don't know have stopped me and asked how much I am riding and that they noticed me getting skinny.. 20 years ago I rode about 100 thousand miles so I got over wearing lycra or caring if it bothered anyone long ago. Even though my evening hour ride might annoy some people I think my daily appearance reminds many that they could easily hit the street too. I've even thought about trying to start a "ride around the block" event..

May 6, 2009
Visit site
redtreviso said:
My apologies for hijacking this thread too.. To give the benefit of the doubt I don't always have people with W04 or McCain/Palin stickers on their crew cabs try to hit me but now I know who to watch out for.. My close neighbors have been nothing but encouraging to my bike riding.. I have ridden around the neighborhood a bunch and kids have come out and tried to ride along with their helmets on and their elbows tucked in like they were racing me..Some adults have also joined me if only for a few minutes.. They too wore helmets as I do. Several neighbors who I don't know have stopped me and asked how much I am riding and that they noticed me getting skinny.. 20 years ago I rode about 100 thousand miles so I got over wearing lycra or caring if it bothered anyone long ago. Even though my evening hour ride might annoy some people I think my daily appearance reminds many that they could easily hit the street too. I've even thought about trying to start a "ride around the block" event..

I found it absolutely hilarious myself.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site

One
Big
A**
MIstake
America

Cheers

rather than repeat dogmatic statements perhaps you could provide reasons for your position. it is your position right? and it is based on things other than a face on a TV correct?

so why is it a mistake?

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Again more generalizations.

Take a deep breath bro...All that hate will tear you up inside.
You should try and be more neighborly.

And my sincerest apologies to the OP for Myself and Red hijacking this thread.

thanks I guess but you didn't tell us anything other than how proud you are...all the damn time