• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

So why did Contador chase Evans at Dauphiné

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
So why did Contador chase Evans at Dauphiné

Astana should win as tactically they have the most General Classification options and this should be a huge advantage. Really cycling is just a numbers game so as long as Contador is prepared to let Lance and Levi get into winning positions he should get the chance to barbeque the other GC contenders at crunch time. However getting riders with the profile of lance Armstrong up the road is no easy task.

So why did Contador chase Evans at Dauphiné?
Evans is cranky man, there is a good chance that Evans will just follow Contador all tour making sure he marks the Spaniard out of the Tour. I am sure Levi will try to ride the type of race that Popovych rode in the Giro. That will certainly cause a stir as the contenders wouldn’t like Levi to be in the position that Povo got himself into in Italy. If the team have to chase, ie Lloydy and/or Frank Schleck on the front in the mountain and then Cadel & co cover Contador, Lance (if he has the legs) will be launched, and that with be the final scenes in Lance Armstrong the movie.

Or maybe Contador just doesn't like Evans?

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Red Ace said:
So why did Contador chase Evans at Dauphiné?

Maybe because he could simultaneously get some useful training in and help out his fellow Spaniard, Valverde, with whom he clearly had some sort of non-aggression pact going.

Red Ace said:

Also a possibility, I guess. ;)

It's Not Deep.

1. He said up front he wasn't going to go deep during the Dauphine.

2. He was frankly getting in excellent training while Evans was in fact going deep trying to win the race.

3. He was demonstrating, in no small part, that even at less than peak, Evans doesn't have what it takes to stay with him.

4. He likes his compatriot a great deal (likely to be teammates in 2011).

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Red Ace said:

it seems nobody in the peloton really likes evans.
he is seen as an autistic unapproachable ***.

evans isn't gonna get any presents. ever.

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
it seems nobody in the peloton really likes evans.
he is seen as an autistic unapproachable ***.

evans isn't gonna get any presents. ever.

Well, all I know is that you'd better not touch his stuffed lion......

I hope for some diversion from the LA Conta show, that Cadel pulls some of that diva act he did last year. That was almost as entertaining as cracking jokes about that asslike chin of his.

Jun 23, 2009
Visit site
I have to admit - I too was entertained by Cadel's antics. I can understand how it could be overwhelming but Cadel took it to a whole new level. I still occasionally watch the vids on youtube. My fav is when the reporter touched his shoulder...that sore and bloody one.

TRENDING THREADS