• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Something wrong with accessing your website from Australia

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
I'm in Australia, and your website is not available from here - I've talked to half a dozen other local cyclists, and it is not accessible for them either. I can ping the address www.cyclingnews.com OK, but when I try to access the website with a web browser, the web page remains completely blank, and the browser eventually tells me that the website is not responding. The problem happens both with our PCs at home and our phones when we're out and about using the phone provider's completely separate network. If I use a VPN and connect to a server in Europe, I can then access the website.

I asked on the Weight Weenies forum, and people in NZ and the USA are having the same problem, and can also fix it by using a VPN.

Reactions: Cookster15
I'm in Australia, and your website is not available from here - I've talked to half a dozen other local cyclists, and it is not accessible for them either. I can ping the address www.cyclingnews.com OK, but when I try to access the website with a web browser, the web page remains completely blank, and the browser eventually tells me that the website is not responding. The problem happens both with our PCs at home and our phones when we're out and about using the phone provider's completely separate network. If I use a VPN and connect to a server in Europe, I can then access the website.

I asked on the Weight Weenies forum, and people in NZ and the USA are having the same problem, and can also fix it by using a VPN.
Thanks for posting this, I haven't read any explanation? I'm in Australia and also couldn't access all day yesterday accessing via my desktop browser or phone. Pleased to see that this morning we are back to normal but some explanation from CN would be appreciated.

Jun 30, 2020
Visit site
I still can't access the website as of just now (6am 15 April). I had to connect to a VPN in Europe to access the website and post this message...

p.s. Ignore this. After I flushed the DNS cache on my PC, the problem is now gone.

p.p.s. Nope. After being able to access the website for a couple of hours this morning, when I just tried it now, same problem as before...

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Cookster15
Today (13 May 2021) I am able to access the CN Forum but not the Cycling News home page. This is from the U.S. I seem to be able to access other websites, so I'm not sure what's up, whether it's on my end with the DNS server or something else.

Even the old site (autobus.cyclingnews.com) is down. I really hope that will be fixed together with the present site. It's a gold mine for old results/race reports.

Nice to keep the most important thing (the forum) in a more secure location, though.

TRENDING THREADS