• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Songs for cyclists

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Scarponi said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Can anyone explain me what the purpose of this is? or are we just listing songs we think would fit certain riders?

This is the most serious forum I have ever been on, lighten up.

It's the most diverse I've been on and I've found that, with such a diverse user base, people's idea and understanding of humour doesn't always translate well and can be mis-construded to the point where a thread that might see obviously a bit of fun to a native English speaker could be confusing to a non-native speaker who may not realise it's intended to be fun.

GenericBoonenFan may be an incredibly serious person who hates fun, but they are probably just genuinely asking if there is a serious element to this as they don't quite get the angle.

GenericBoonenFan, it's just a bit fun. The aim is to pick any song that somehow represents a pro rider in some way to you, usually because of the lyrics.

King Boonen said:
Scarponi said:
GenericBoonenFan said:
Can anyone explain me what the purpose of this is? or are we just listing songs we think would fit certain riders?

This is the most serious forum I have ever been on, lighten up.

It's the most diverse I've been on and I've found that, with such a diverse user base, people's idea and understanding of humour doesn't always translate well and can be mis-construded to the point where a thread that might see obviously a bit of fun to a native English speaker could be confusing to a non-native speaker who may not realise it's intended to be fun.

GenericBoonenFan may be an incredibly serious person who hates fun, but they are probably just genuinely asking if there is a serious element to this as they don't quite get the angle.

GenericBoonenFan, it's just a bit fun. The aim is to pick any song that somehow represents a pro rider in some way to you, usually because of the lyrics.

Thank you and yes I'm the most serious Belgian you will ever find, that's why I'm in charge of importing american beer. Because it's a joke...

I should stop attempting to be funny, anyway here's my contribution:
André Greipel --> André Greipel

Re:

King Boonen said:
Andriy Grivko - Eye of the Tiger.
success-hand-sign-pu-gel-anti-slip-car-dashboard-sticky-pad-mat_4949015.jpg

kingjr said:
Valv.Piti said:
sir fly said:
Valv.Piti said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJAmX9Z0DI
I don't understand nothing apart from Boonen here, but I find this catchy and the girl on the left really cute. :D
There it is my spring hymn... Starting from Saturday, already.
Yeah... I still can't get over the girl on left side, do I need to go out a bit more?
That depends a bit on how old you are.
Probably still not old enough to net hot Belgian music video girls :D

Valv.Piti said:
sir fly said:
Valv.Piti said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnJAmX9Z0DI
I don't understand nothing apart from Boonen here, but I find this catchy and the girl on the left really cute. :D
There it is my spring hymn... Starting from Saturday, already.
Yeah... I still can't get over the girl on left side, do I need to go out a bit more?
How ever you feel is right.

But, don't think it's just you who can't get it out of head... It's made to be that way, and a lot more.
I'm trying to promote it here through my modest resources. Not a cycling mad society, but the song and video are offering universally attractive message and something unbelievably intriguing for us here.

Thanx for posting it. I'd, probably, have found it myself, but sooner better than later.

Miguel Indurain - Yellow (Coldplay)
Erik Zabel - Bein' Green (Kermit the Frog)
Richard Virenque - Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie Yellow Polkadot Bikini (Brian Hyland)

Gabriele Colombo - Against All Odds (Phil Collins)
Johan Museeuw - We Were All Wounded at Wounded Knee (Redbone)
Eddy Merckx - Summer of 69 (Bryan Adams)
Bernard Hinault - Leader of the Pack (The Shangri-Las)
Raymond Poulidor - Be My Number Two (Joe Jackson)
Mario Cippolini - Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? (Rod Stewart)
Marco Pantani - Ain't No Mountain High Enough (Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell)
Nairo Quintana - Poker Face (Lady Gaga)
Alberto Contador - One More Try (George Michael)
Paolo Bettini - Il Grillo (Josquin des Prez)
Jacky Durand - Alone Again Naturally (Gilbert O'Sullivan)
Julian Alaphilippe - You Can Call Me Al (Paul Simon)
Djamolidine Abdoujaparov - Speed Demon (Michael Jackson)
Fränk Schleck - With or Without You (U2)
Edwig Van Hooydonck - Crying (Roy Orbison)
Robert Gesink - Fragile (Sting)
Carlos Betancur - The Weight (The Band)
Samuel Dumoulin - Short People (Randy Newman)

Chris Horner - Age Ain't Nothing But a Number (Aaliyah)
Jens Voigt - What's Another Year? (Johnny Logan)
Andy Schleck - Too Young (Nat King Cole)

Steve Bauer - Push It (Salt-n-Pepa)
Claude Criquielion - I'm Going Down (Rufus ft. Chaka Khan)
Maurizio Fondriest - What Have I Done to Deserve This? (Pet Shop Boys)

TRENDING THREADS