• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 32 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I wonder if it wasn't meant that Almeida should be at the front of that climb and possibly why he waved desperately (or whatever he did) to someone further back in the group.

In short, I wonder if Masnada was the one that should have been at that front according to the original tactics.

Last edited:
Every time i checked the past few weeks/months, it was DQT on top... Maybe i was checking PCS instead of UCI, not sure now.

I think PCS. They were well ahead in that all season but around the time of the World Championships, Quickstep went ahead in UCI.
UCI rankings can fluctuate wildly as points can get deducted if the performance at the race was not as good as in last year's edition.
INEOS did well in the early part of the season as they won all those one week races where the Slovenians weren't riding ;)

I think PCS. They were well ahead in that all season but around the time of the World Championships, Quickstep went ahead in UCI.
UCI rankings can fluctuate wildly as points can get deducted if the performance at the race was not as good as in last year's edition.
INEOS did well in the early part of the season as they won all those one week races where the Slovenians weren't riding ;)
Ineos also was pretty decent in the giro :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Sandisfan
Reactions: Salvarani
Except it's only half the story.

I realise that you feel an automatic need to defend Lefevere, but it’s not even clear what you are defending him from here. The Deceuninck boss described a clear divergence of aims and priorities between sponsor and team. Are you suggesting that Lefevere isnt aiming for a GT win, that he does in fact want to set up a women’s team or that he’s about to set up a cyclocross operation?

Reactions: tobydawq
I realise that you feel an automatic need to defend Lefevere, but it’s not even clear what you are defending him from here. The Deceuninck boss described a clear divergence of aims and priorities between sponsor and team. Are you suggesting that Lefevere isnt aiming for a GT win, that he does in fact want to set up a women’s team or that he’s about to set up a cyclocross operation?
Are you suggesting that the sponsor is the driving force in changing teams…? And the sponsor isn’t spinning the PR story a bit so their loss of the quickstep team looks a bit better for the outside world? Ofcourse Deceuninck is happy to sponsor MvdP, a women’s team and have more exposure through CX summer and winter, but there is a fine line between choosing your plan A and having to choose plan B.
Deceuninck has plan B, and while it’s not a bad deal at all, CN claims that Deceuninck choose plan A because it serves their anti PL agenda. I’m not a PL fan but have more info about the team than CN ever is going to get. The only thing CN has, is a PL voodoo doll full of needles, and a picture of him on their darts board.

Jason Osborne, a QS stagiaire in 2021, does not get a QS contract for 2022.

He actually rode strongly in his stagiaire months. I think it‘s sad he did not get a contract for 2022.

Now that Engoulvent (few years ago) and Gaudin (after 2021) have retired, there is only MVDP with pretty shoulders in the WT. Osborne would have been the second current WT rider with pretty shoulders.

Maybe the reason Osborne did not get a 2022 QS contract is Osbornes quite unfriendly facial expression. He almost never seems to laugh, and mostly looks a bit „unfriendly“…

I think he is probably stronger than, for example, Stijn Steels. Osborne, however, of course lacks experience in pro road races.

Jason Osborne, a QS stagiaire in 2021, does not get a QS contract for 2022.

He actually rode strongly in his stagiaire months. I think it‘s sad he did not get a contract for 2022.

Now that Engoulvent (few years ago) and Gaudin (after 2021) have retired, there is only MVDP with pretty shoulders in the WT. Osborne would have been the second current WT rider with pretty shoulders.

Maybe the reason Osborne did not get a 2022 QS contract is Osbornes quite unfriendly facial expression. He almost never seems to laugh, and mostly looks a bit „unfriendly“…

I think he is probably stronger than, for example, Stijn Steels. Osborne, however, of course lacks experience in pro road races.
No other team that would be interested in signing him?

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS