• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 19 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Be interesting what QS do as they've only got 5 people under contract according to pcs so lot to change. Whilst they'll always be a classics side, maybe this will be a move from being a sprint team to a GC side around Remco.
No doubt about this. DCQ will evolve into a GC team around Evenepoel. But keeping a few sprinters (Ballerini, Jacobsen) and cobblestone riders (Lampaert...). The "has beens" and/or to expensive riders will have to leave the succesfull team of Lefevere ......and fail on another team.

Isn't that mostly speculation that they are the other team that ride Specialized?
I sincerely hope he doesn't as Quickstep will still have good squads for all the Classics and he'd disrupt that. Also his quest for green would interfere with Remco's bid for yellow.
Ok thats possible, i just saw it somewhere and it didn't sound completely unrealistic although i agree with your arguments against it.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
Quickstep getting drunk with some alcohol free beer

E1r6crNWYAUePgr

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
Great news, been around since about when I started following cycling passionately so seeing the one sponsor through it all continue when so many others drop out eventually is a really good sign for the sport as a whole. Now let's see which excuses Lefevre can come up now to keep the wages low and let star riders go ;)

Lovely news. Some people don't like the Wolfpack and Lefevere, but they are of great value to the sport. As a Belgian I hope they will succeed in their ultimate goal.
Aspecially a lot of of Dutch cycling enthusiasts (?) (but not all) with an embarrassing mentality. Posting on the Dutch site Wielerflits.nl hate messages around anything related to DCQ, Patrick Lefevere and Evenepoel.

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
As anyone read or saw Lefevere’s today’s press declarations? If so where can I find it in English? Just saw in Eurosport some comments about it and it blew me away. So I want to see it for myself before jumping conclusions

Is this it? Doesn't seem that controversial.

As anyone read or saw Lefevere’s today’s press declarations? If so where can I find it in English? Just saw in Eurosport some comments about it and it blew me away. So I want to see it for myself before jumping conclusions
It would help if you told us what it was about. I saw a video interview with him yesterday, but he didn't say anything earth shattering there, so i have no idea. Basically what
Carrick-On-Seine posted is a transcription of that interview.

Reactions: Carrick-On-Seine
The only "wrong" thing I get from that interview is more mixed signals from DQS.

If they weren't expecting for Remco to blow everyone away and are proceding with caution, why take him there to fight for the GC and not just hunt some stages and get some race miles on his legs? Why have an entire team dedicated to him? Why doesn't he let Almeida have a free role at least?

The actions don't match the words.

TRENDING THREADS