• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Soudal - Quick Step Thread

Page 38 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Man this is such a tragedy. Such a nice guy who never gets many opportunities to display just how talented he is, because of all the time bad luck.

Didn't he already have it as an u23? And that's why he took a long time to turn pro.

Shame for the sport man.

I didn't mean for the Fausto stuff to get so out of hand. I think he is a very underrated rider and also a super nice guy and very passionate about the sport. Always on the attack. So I became a very big fan.

And when I join the forum I was claiming he should be leading the Giro for Quickstep instead of Remco or Almida who I thought didn't have a chance of podium

A lot of people thought this was a strange viewpoint, and so it became a bit of a meme, but I am just a fan of Fausto who wants the best for him.

Last year tendinitis in the Giro and then fracture sacrum in July, this year out with mono. He is really having so much bad luck and he doesn't deserve it.

In short Italian Merckx with the heart of Laporte?

It was a reference to doing all the work and controlling the race for a guy you know isn't going to pull it off. Like Lotto has been doing for decades.

Glad for Evenepoel. Imagine him going solo in the penultimate Mur de Huy. Let's hope team hierarchy had changed now.

Ah I thought it was a reference to fading from past successes.
Still can't see how Remco can win La Flèche but hope to be proved wrong.
For now though so pleased for him.

Last edited:
Team at altitude in Sierra Nevada.

285074027_10224510492824035_3765650663425095220_n.jpg

Another picture:

My goodness that is absolutey horrendous. The red soudal stripe does not fit whatsoever, what are these shoulder pad logos? Yikes.
Wow!! The timing of this roll out..silly, the public talk about Cav cutting w the team..again..silly..and now the consolidation of 2 teams..I am happy that the sponsorship went years deep, good for the sport and some of my favorite racers, but the timing is bad form.
.if anyone has a good photo of the German Gorilla wearing a kit that looks like this..love to see the side by side..
also wondering where Ridley falls when all this is over..and I wonder if Bianchi will re enter and w what team..Would have loved to see a bike maker shake it up w a switch at Quick Step

TRENDING THREADS