• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

South African Track Cycling

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi there all,

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can send News, previews, start lists of the upcoming South African National Track Championships to be held over the Easter weekend.

Many thanks,
SL

p.s. oh and since it's my first post, hello to everyone

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hi, One of the moderators should be able to point you in the right direction. I was just interested that the National titles be held a couple of weeks after the World champs?

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Must've fallen asleep at the wheel. Probably best to email them direct. In any case would like to read a preview of the champs if you care to post on the forum. Nice to know what's going on with the opposition especially with the Commonwealth Games a year away.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Where

Thanks pmsc, but wherewho the hang to I email derectly? Cant find any links to contacts anywhere on the forum or the website? :confused:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Go into Track>General and underneath the various threads is a purple highlighted line with the moderators. Haven't tried it but hopefully will be easy to get a reply.

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
ShortLegs said:
Hi there all,

Can anyone point me in the direction where I can send News, previews, start lists of the upcoming South African National Track Championships to be held over the Easter weekend.

Many thanks,
SL

p.s. oh and since it's my first post, hello to everyone

Sorry ShortLegs, we're not able to view every post on the forum, otherwise we'd never get the rest of the website done!

I actually thought this was going to be a really difficult one, but I've dragged up something that might be of use: http://www.trackcyclingsa.co.za/

I hope this helps.

Cheers
Greg Johnson

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Erm

Thanks Greg,

But the whole point of looking for a contact on CN was to get the info/previews/entrants/program/results etc onto CN :rolleyes:.

I'll try what pmsc said.

Tks,
SL

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
ShortLegs said:
But the whole point of looking for a contact on CN was to get the info/previews/entrants/program/results etc onto CN :rolleyes:.

My missing the words 'send Cyclingnews' in your original post completely changed the response I gave. My mistake.

A bit late now, but for future reference cyclingnews@cyclingnews.com is the editorial address for the website. All editors in Europe, North America and Australia access this address daily.

For the record, I'm keen on seeing more content on CN relating to South Africa - road, MTB and track - so any help accessing national level results is appreciated.

Thanks
Greg Johnson

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Greg Johnson said:
My missing the words 'send Cyclingnews' in your original post completely changed the response I gave. My mistake.

A bit late now, but for future reference cyclingnews@cyclingnews.com is the editorial address for the website. All editors in Europe, North America and Australia access this address daily.

For the record, I'm keen on seeing more content on CN relating to South Africa - road, MTB and track - so any help accessing national level results is appreciated.

Thanks
Greg Johnson

Ok I knew you guys rode your bikes but didn't realise you're closet pro's.....

Still no response from anyone with any kind of helpful information. I tried the cyclingnews email addr again without any response and I'm beginning to get despondent.

Greg, please put me in contact with someone or else send me an email address that is actually checked so I can get this thing off the ground.

Thanks,
Gav

Mar 3, 2009
Visit site
G'day Gav,

I've responded to your e-mail so you now have my work e-mail address too. Thanks for that.

As for closet pro? Hmm. I'm not so sure. I've spent five of the last seven months out of action with my right then left leg in a brace. Yesterday was my first time back on a (stationary) bike!

So me thinks I'm some way from being a closet professional. With that said, Lance Armstrong is proving I've got a good 80 years during which I can be competitive, so there's hope yet...

Cheers
Greg Johnson

TRENDING THREADS