• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spartacus Wins by Clear Margin

A

Anonymous

Zerak-Tul said:
On a bike that was scanned - do people feel silly yet for that whole hidden motor nonsense yet? lol :D

No, I still think he did it.

A

Anonymous

There is a slight difference between the best time trialler in the world winning a 10k prologue and a rider accelerating away from world class riders on the roads of flanders and roubaix.

Its like linford Christie winning the marathon, and then everyone saying "well, he won the 100 metres so its hardly surprising" (I know, bad example.. linford doped)

apples and oranges. pointless thread.

TeamSkyFans said:
There is a slight difference between the best time trialler in the world winning a 10k prologue and a rider accelerating away from world class riders on the roads of flanders and roubaix.

Its like linford Christie winning the marathon, and then everyone saying "well, he won the 100 metres so its hardly surprising" (I know, bad example.. linford doped)

no its not.

As was said by someone else, the power output needed to go 10k is similar to the power output needed to go 60k, both about 50-55 k/h (cycling speed)

Linford Christie on the other hand would need 40k/h to win 100m but 20k/h for 2 hours to win the marathon. (running speed)

Thats why people like kenenisa bekele win 3000 m races and 14 times that 42 000 m races. both done with 20-25k/ h speed

TeamSkyFans said:

Is that difference bigger than the difference between being an IP rider and being able to keep up with the best climbers at the end of a mountain stage? :rolleyes:

A

Anonymous

The Hitch said:
no its not.

As was said by someone else, the power output needed to go 10k is similar to the power output needed to go 60k, both about 50-55 k/h (cycling speed)

Linford Christie on the other hand would need 40k/h to win 100m but 20k/h for 2 hours to win the marathon. (running speed)

Thats why people like kenenisa bekele win 3000 m races and 14 times that 42 000 m races. both done with 20-25k/ h speed

oh youre so pedantic. It wasnt meant to be taken as a scientific reason. :D

A

Anonymous

roundabout said:
Is that difference bigger than the difference between being an IP rider and being able to keep up with the best climbers at the end of a mountain stage? :rolleyes:

no, that would be 8kg, balls and ricecakes

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
CycloErgoSum said:
The guy's an acromegalic, it's written all over his face ;)

Doubt it. He hasn't got the brow or hands of an acromegalic. What he's got is a prominent lower jaw and a massive nuclear-fueled engine in his chest. Nothing acromegalic about his engine, just luck in finding the right parents.:p

A

Anonymous

roundabout said:
So this kind of transformation is "legit" while a guy who has 8 Olympic and World Championship medals in ITT since 1998 simply must have a motor on his bike?

DId i say that? I said that using a prologue performance as proof that cancellara did not receive motorised assistance in paris roubaix is ridiculous.

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
No, I still think he did it.

Now why doesn't that suprise me:rolleyes:

Great ride by FC, showing all the doubters that he is truly number one in the TT though Tony Martin is breathing down his neck.

After a few more wins where his bike is scanned the imbeciles who claim he had a motor will crawl back into their holes (or maybe head off to law school).

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
DId i say that? I said that using a prologue performance as proof that cancellara did not receive motorised assistance in paris roubaix is ridiculous.

Mate If I was you I would be ruminating more on your boy Wiggin's dismal performance rather than spouting drivel about FC who has been riding away from the peleton for years, long before motors were invented.

Sky had better hope that Flecha or BH pull out a couple of stage wins because there is no top GC place for them this year I predict.

Serves em right for leaving Hendo out of their team and putting all their eggs in the GC basket with a one year wonder.

A

Anonymous

SpartacusRox said:
Mate If I was you I would be ruminating more on your boy Wiggin's dismal performance rather than spouting drivel about FC who has been riding away from the peleton for years, long before motors were invented.

Sky had better hope that Flecha or BH pull out a couple of stage wins because there is no top GC place for them this year I predict.

Serves em right for leaving Hendo out of their team and putting all their eggs in the GC basket with a one year wonder.

Again. What drivel have I spouted against Cancellara? Read my post. I merely said that you could not compare a prologue performance against a paris-roubiax performance. If you could then Chris Boardman would have won the Tour of Flanders. Lets not turn this into a sky thread (along with lance threads there are enough). Lets read each others posts, pay attention to them and respond accordingly.

And actually I have been honest about Sky's decision to put brad early. It was a mistake. They should not have done it. tsf have also been equally critical of Sky's decision to take a risk. http://www.teamskyfans.com/raceday.html

Mar 17, 2009
Visit site
He may have a great engine too, but what I've always noticed about Cance are his legs-- they look like tree trunks compared to most of the others in the peloton, especially from the knees down. Check it out next time you see a group photo of Saxo at a presentation; those are some pretty serious go-sticks. He's clearly enjoying this; dropping all his sly lines about motors and batteries in the interviews. Full props to him-- you gotta love it when a cyclist answers his critics with his legs.

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
I reckon it isn't even smart to use a battery for added power in a short prologue where you take corners all the time. It seems much more useful in stages where you ride long straight stretches.

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
wattage said:
If Fabian rides 50k in front of the peloton to win a stage, then I can believe he didn't use a motor.

Yes, and that's exactly what flanders and roubaix were when he rode away. A leisurely stroll with a peleton on wide roads with domestiques riding tempo to maintain time gaps and chase breaks.

FF sakes

TRENDING THREADS