• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Specialized custom painted

I was at the start in Nevada City and got to look up close at the bikes. It looks like Saxo left their usual race machines in Europe and just got plain red Tarmacs. The bikes were loaded in a generic Specialized van. All the bikes were plain red with the riders first name printed on the top tube by a gold sharpie. I'll post some pics once I get them off the camera I used.

The bikes the Schlecks got before the Ardennes races were there personal custom ones with a silver/ Luxembourgish lion theme.

The red bikes Saxo Bank uses in California are in the classic Specialized red/white scheme. This color combination was used for the very first Specialized bikes like the steel Allez etc.
It was also used as Kevin Costner's bike in Amercian Flyers - a movie the Specialized/Saxo Bank campaign for California relates to.

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
RedheadDane said:
But... wasn't there this article about Andy Schlecks custom-made bike earlier? In the lead-up to the ToC...
They aren't that new btw... already talked about them before AGR...

Maybe you're thinking about the metallic/silver paintjob with something like "live your dreams, don't dream your live" printed on the toptube?

There is absolutely nothing retro about these bikes. All they did was paint them red.

Big deal. :rolleyes:

Oh and they switched their team car to a bid red van.

However, "American Flyers" sucked as far as films go.

and...

Kevin Costner sucks as far as actors go.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
SlantParallelogram said:
There is absolutely nothing retro about these bikes. All they did was paint them red.

Big deal. :rolleyes:

Oh and they switched their team car to a bid red van.

However, "American Flyers" sucked as far as films go.

and...

Kevin Costner sucks as far as actors go.

harsh, but i was thinking something similar

TRENDING THREADS