• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Speculation as to what the 6 man team TTT's at the WC shall be!

Sky: Wiggins, Froome, EBH, Rogers, Porte and Thomas/Dowsett

BMC: Evans, Pinotti, Van Garderen, Phinney, Cummings and Hincapie/Hushovd

GreenEdge: Bobridge, Durbridge, Meyer, Hepburn, Tuft and O'Grady/Mouris/Howard

Radioschleck: Cancellara, Klöden, Fuglsang, Sergent, Oliveira and Posthuma/Monfort

OPQS: Martin, Grabsch, Velits, Leipheimer, Chavanel and Kwiatkowski/Rabon

Garmin: Millar, Zabriskie, Rasmussen, Talansky, Vansummeren and Rosseler

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
It's not too hilly, but finishes just after Cauberg (same as all the events).

04_ploegentijdrit_heren_ENG.jpg

As long as the teams are prepared tactically they shouldn't rip anyone apart.

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Ferminal said:

Radioschleck: Cancellara, Klöden, Fuglsang, Sergent, Oliveira and Posthuma/Monfort

when you list it like that start to realise how many strong teams out there.

would fancy OPQS in terms of pure power, may depend on the climbs.

May also depend on how interested they are, as seems Anglo teams have focused a little more on the TTT over recent years. Not necessarily winning but wanting to win.

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
Rabobank: Sanchez, Flens, Tjallingii, Clement, Van Emden, Mollema

oops, just realised I cbf trying to do any more of these.

ok.

Movistar: Gutierrez, Castroviejo, Kiryienka, Konovalovas, Samoilau, Plaza

Vacansoleil: Larsson, Westra, Devolder, De Gendt, Poels, Leukemans?

AntonioRossi said:
Actually, the TTT is going to be extremely tough according to Rabo team leaders. It's very hilly, with few very tough short climbs.

Possible Rabo lineup: Sanchez, Clement, Flens, Boom, van emden - Tjallingi / Gesink?

Tankink???

Thx guys for the course.

For the Garmin team you could also include Dekker.

Sky, RSNT, GE, BMC, OPQS, Garmin and maybe Liquigas, Astana and Rabo are the real contenders for this course.
Liquigas are good at team events, Astana could send Dyachenko, Brajkovic, Vino, Kascheckin, maybe Kreuziger and another 1 or 2. Sky could also send Cav as well ( he motivates, keeps the pace high and goes out of corners well ). Uran as well if his ITT improves.

Ferminal said:

Definitely Hushovd for BMC. He's a TTT monster, he was the strongest in the Garmin line up that won the Tour TTT as well.

You've now listed the best time trialists of every team, not the best team time trialists. For instance, I think Boonen would be more useful for OPQS than Rabon or Kwiatkowski.

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:
Definitely Hushovd for BMC. He's a TTT monster, he was the strongest in the Garmin line up that won the Tour TTT as well.

You've now listed the best time trialists of every team, not the best team time trialists. For instance, I think Boonen would be more useful for OPQS than Rabon or Kwiatkowski

Especially on a technical parcours.

AntonioRossi said:
Actually, the TTT is going to be extremely tough according to Rabo team leaders. It's very hilly, with few very tough short climbs.

If you guys know dutch/can watch this video:
http://www.rabosport.nl/wielrennen/video/AQAgf8iy88OTpre0hnVTaTWB/Ploegleiders_stuk_na_verkenning_WK

Rabo team leaders are riding the course, while Stef Clement is in the team car.

Possible Rabo lineup: Sanchez, Clement, Flens, Boom, van emden - Tjallingi / Gesink?

What was surprising was that they were talking about a very tough course and then they named riders like Flens, Clement van Emden. Sure they can ride a TT well, but they will be dropped on the hills. Same with Boom I think.

I don't know how many riders have to finish? The first 4?

Better add Gesink atleast and maybe it's even better to add Tjallingi than a Flens. Imo Tjallingi has a lot grit and determination so he will probably hang on longer and imo he's a better TT rider as well.

Kwibus said:
What was surprising was that they were talking about a very tough course and then they named riders like Flens, Clement van Emden. Sure they can ride a TT well, but they will be dropped on the hills. Same with Boom I think.
So basically you think every rider except Sanchez will be dropped? :p

This is a perfect course for Clement actually, he's better on rolling courses than on flat ones. He's really light for a time trialist, somewhere around 65 kgs.

Van Emden and Flens are good TTT engines... if they take them depends on where they want to make their gains: there's still 40 k of (relative) flat where those guys are more useful than Gesink for instance. And they can both be dropped on the Cauberg.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
theyoungest said:

You've now listed the best time trialists of every team, not the best team time trialists. For instance, I think Boonen would be more useful for OPQS than Rabon or Kwiatkowski.

95% chance Boonen will be out at that point by an injury. I would put the old Boonen in, but really the new one is ridiculously bad in time trials :p