• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Spoilers

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should posts that contain a spoiler be deleted (under conditions in the OP)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It is understandable: we are just asking that the drift be reversed.

If somebody stands on my foot, and I ask them to remove their foot, that is not a complaint. Has anyone actually "complained" about it, rather than asked for restraint and correction?

I'd say it's more likely that a discussion about one race drifts to another thread, than someone stands on another person's foot.

And I suppose the complaints are mostly when a cycling media posts a result on FB - because that's kinda their thing... - and some people instantly go "WAAAAAH! SPOILERS!"

Maybe...

As I mentioned - in an edit - earlier; I just have very little patience for people who complain about "spoilers". Surely, you can understand that:

1: Most people actually do prefer to watch - and discus - races in real time.
2: When people discus races, sometimes, accidentally, discussions are gonna drift.

Of course, I'll try to remember to use "spoiler"-tags, but excuse me if my first thought when I discus anything is what's happning at the moment, and for assuming that most people watch races - if not live - then at least in order.
Same it’s really hard for me to have patience on people complaining about spoilers, if your complaining then just stay off the forum and other forms of media until your able to watch it.

• Wow
Reactions: jmdirt
Same it’s really hard for me to have patience on people complaining about spoilers, if your complaining then just stay off the forum and other forms of media until your able to watch it.
I don’t have an issue with spoilers—but some of the points made in this discussion seem to miss the fact that many of us get a lot of extra value out of following the race thread while the race is on live (so we can comment & hear things other folks caught because they are listening to a different broadcast), but may have planned to watch the replay of another race later. So it’s surprising to hear folks asking “why are you following a race thread if you don’t want to hear what happened (in another race)?” It’s obviously because I prioritized watching one of the races live, and wish to enhance my experience by following the race thread at the same time, and then plan to watch the other race later. And that’s when the spoiler situation seems to come up most often.

Reactions: jmdirt
I don’t have an issue with spoilers—but some of the points made in this discussion seem to miss the fact that many of us get a lot of extra value out of following the race thread while the race is on live (so we can comment & hear things other folks caught because they are listening to a different broadcast), but may have planned to watch the replay of another race later. So it’s surprising to hear folks asking “why are you following a race thread if you don’t want to hear what happened (in another race)?” It’s obviously because I prioritized watching one of the races live, and wish to enhance my experience by following the race thread at the same time, and then plan to watch the other race later. And that’s when the spoiler situation seems to come up most often.
^^THIS^^

Of course I understand the concept of reading a thread while following a broadcast live.
I just, you know, read multiple threads while following multiple broadcasts. Surely, it's not that weird...

TRENDING THREADS