• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Sporting moratorium !

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Seems to me that NOW is the time to call a halt to the " Finger pointing "!

BY Jacque Rogge of the IOC and WADA , announcing a " GENERAL MORATORIUM " , only those Athletes that are " Clean " will enter the " London Olympics "!

To effect this , Jacques will have to institute " LIFE TIME BANS " , not only for the ATHLETES , but also for those " Helpers " that assisted during the Athletes’ Career ! Should an athlete choose to conceal their " past misdeeds " , then unless the " Helpers " , blow the whistle within ONE Month of the Moratorium Deadline , they will risk being Sanctioned when the matters are eventually revealed !

Can you imagine a " helper " or a retired Athlete , risking their future in their new career when their " Athlete / associate " , chooses to take their chances ?

“ LIFE TIME BANS “ will include , Family , Friends and Helpers when instituted and will cover EVERY aspect of Sporting Employment Activity as well as " Internet forum activity "! Who wants to hear from those who failed in their endeavours to commit “ Sporting Fraud “?

This will create a Generation of youth being guided by " Coaches and Admin " whom their parents will be fully aware of ALL aspects of the backgrounds of those that control their offsprings' future sporting activity !

Forum Users will greatly assist this endeavour by revealing " Facts " rather than " speculation and conjecture " to the appropriate authorities !

"Sorry", but all I "read" was quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, something about poiting fingers, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark.

DominicDecoco said:
"Sorry", but all I "read" was quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark, quotation mark.

That's what I saw. Unable to read, didn't make an effort.

Too bad the IOC is a big supporter of an elaborate anti-doping system whose real purpose is to not kill any dopers FAR more than catch anyone doping.

Another way to look at it is if the IOC will have guys like Hein and Pat in their organization, well that should be sufficient evidence of their ethical threshold.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Skip,
I love it how you are so dismissive and contemptuous of dopers until your hero gets in the frame; suddenly it's moratorium time.

The right time for a moratorium was either 1998 or 2006. But neither the riders nor the UCI wanted branch and root reform. After all this time, and given the complicity of the UCI, the nuclear option is the only valid course.

As far as the other Olympic sports are concerned, they've been getting away with it. Why would they confess? You talk about 'risk being sanctioned': what risk? Cycling is the most rigorously tested sport in the Olympic canon, and its most famous rider has been untouched for decades.

Just as with crime, the scale of punishment doesn't have as much effect on behaviour as the likelihood of getting caught.

May 26, 2009
www.parrabuddy.blogspot.com
Finally a sensible reply !

First off , Armstrong is no " hero " of mine ! Fact is any Able Bodied Athlete is not a " Hero " , perhaps a " role model " ! Look to those Para Athletes that served their nation in Harm's Way and having Rehabilitated thru Sport ars now serving once again on the Sports Field , many of THOSE could be described as " Heroes "! Look to those currently with the Wounded Warrior Project on RAAM !

Next , those that read my blogs will see that this is not the first time that i have raised this need for a " moratorium " . Just about every year i suggest this approach to cleaning house . So many of you appear to want Sport cleaned up BUT what do you do ? NOTHING except point fingers at any victory regardless of whether there is justification .

Suggested this idea here for the first time since there is so much going on , TDF , then Olympic and of course your fav. , he who should not be named , once again in the spotlight !

Should Jacque Rogge be as clean as we would like to wish then by creating this Moratorium he could " Clean House " starting from the top . Should any of you be right about Pat & Hein , then he will have no option but to jettison them since there will be REAL prople pointing to them not " Fictitious IP addresses "!

SOLVE THE PROBLEM not point out the short comings , i don't walk on water but occasionally i voice my opinion ! Easy to denigrate others , isn't it ?

TRENDING THREADS