• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

SRAM Rival 1 Shifter question

TOZ

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
I am putting togeather a new Trek Crockett frame and want to put Rival 1 on it. My question is is the RH Rival 22 shifter the correct shifter to use with the Rival 1 long cage 3.0 derailleur? The cassette is 11-42. I looked on SRAM website and it appears it is. Just wanted to check before I buy on off eBay. Thanks in advance.

TOZ said:
I am putting togeather a new Trek Crockett frame and want to put Rival 1 on it. My question is is the RH Rival 22 shifter the correct shifter to use with the Rival 1 long cage 3.0 derailleur? The cassette is 11-42. I looked on SRAM website and it appears it is. Just wanted to check before I buy on off eBay. Thanks in advance.

Yup, the 1by RH shifters are the same as 2by..hope you have a good LBS for warranty.. :)

TOZ

Jul 6, 2017
Visit site
Bustedknuckle said:
TOZ said:

Yup, the 1by RH shifters are the same as 2by..hope you have a good LBS for warranty.. :)

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike togeather.

TOZ said:
Bustedknuckle said:
TOZ said:

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike together.

Ya know, when they do the price match gig, they are losing money. 36 points is the recognized minimum 'margin'(not markup) to break even at end of year.(divide cost by .64)..hopefully they charge labor.

Bustedknuckle said:
TOZ said:
Bustedknuckle said:
TOZ said:

Thanks for he reply. I do have a great local shop. They are price matching everything I can find at online stores/Ebay with the exception of the Rival shifters. I can get the shifters substantially cheaper on line. Still trying to see if they could come closer to online prices. I do prefer to buy locally and the LBS will be putting the bike together.

Ya know, when they do the price match gig, they are losing money. 36 points is the recognized minimum 'margin'(not markup) to break even at end of year.(divide cost by .64)..hopefully they charge labor.
Kills me when customer says they would rather buy LBS and then pull out the amazon prices. :(

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheeper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!

Re:

Giuseppe Magnetico said:
Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheaper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!

Yep. I was soaked ~$25.00 for some hydraulic mineral oil that I could have bought online for ~$10.00 (marked down from $12.50).

Re: Re:

winkybiker said:
Giuseppe Magnetico said:
Yeah, an LBS price matching internet prices isn't happening unless they are stocking grey market stuff bought by the pallet, or just blatantly taking the fast track to bankruptcy. Many LBS' are actually procuring some parts from the internet because they can get it cheaper there than the regular distribution channels. What a f'ckn mess!

Yep. I was soaked ~$25.00 for some hydraulic mineral oil that I could have bought online for ~$10.00 (marked down from $12.50).

Don't blame the retailer, he's just trying to stay afloat, blame the manufacturer or distributor that sells direct to consumer AND to LBS'.

Re: Re:

Bustedknuckle said:
winkybiker said:
Giuseppe Magnetico said:

Don't blame the retailer, he's just trying to stay afloat, blame the manufacturer or distributor that sells direct to consumer AND to LBS'.

Not blaming anyone. Just how it is.

TRENDING THREADS