• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16 and Possible early Coverage

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
jackhammer111 said:
was this something lance said recently?
if it was, i see your point.
i was thinking it was something said last year.
that's why i asked what exactly was said when.

To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure when this was said, either. I had to scroll through to rhubroma's other posts to verify. (For the record, it was said last year after Sastre's Tour win, but a journalist quoted it to him after the stage win, prompting the response, I guess.)

Sorry if I came off as jumping your case, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. :eek:

A

Anonymous

mr. tibbs said:
To tell you the truth, I wasn't sure when this was said, either. I had to scroll through to rhubroma's other posts to verify. (For the record, it was said last year after Sastre's Tour win, but a journalist quoted it to him after the stage win, prompting the response, I guess.)

Sorry if I came off as jumping your case, I didn't mean to sound accusatory. :eek:

so a writer throws this in sastre's face right after the win. he wasn't trying to stir up some crap was he? hell yes!
some of these journalists are just flat lazy. lance this lance that lance blah blah. easier to write about lance than have to do some real work to get a real story.
and sastre took the bait.

i saw lance riding his wheel quite a bit today and in the end. think anything was up with that?

jackhammer111 said:
so a writer throws this in sastre's face right after the win. he wasn't trying to stir up some crap was he? hell yes!
some of these journalists are just flat lazy. lance this lance that lance blah blah. easier to write about lance than have to do some real work to get a real story.
and sastre took the bait.

i saw lance riding his wheel quite a bit today and in the end. think anything was up with that?

I don't understand your point...

Sure the journalist was trying to stir up controversy, but so what? That's what journalists do. That in no way makes what Armstrong said about Sastre's win at the Tour last year less offensive and grave. Nor does it ean that Lance didn't say it. He did.

And Sastre didn't "take the bait," as you say. To the contrary he dealt with it in an admirable way by just replying that he "couldn't care less what he says." How else was he supposed to respond?

Had he wanted he could have been, and justifyably so, much mor caustic with the Texan. But you see that's the point he's a bigger man than Lance and has got way more class.

A

Anonymous

rhubroma said:
I don't understand your point...

Sure the journalist was trying to stir up controversy, but so what? That's what journalists do. That in no way makes what Armstrong said about Sastre's win at the Tour last year less offensive and grave. Nor does it ean that Lance didn't say it. He did.

And Sastre didn't "take the bait," as you say. To the contrary he dealt with it in an admirable way by just replying that he "couldn't care less what he says." How else was he supposed to respond?

Had he wanted he could have been, and justifyably so, much mor caustic with the Texan. But you see that's the point he's a bigger man than Lance and has got way more class.

i guess you have a more jerry springerish view of the role of the press than i do.

TRENDING THREADS