• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 16: Pinzolo – Aprica 177 kms:Where legends are made

Page 40 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
Re:

sunnyIce said:
AC wants this stage bad, but I think presence of Kruis complicates it for him. For 1) He may not have the legs to take on Landa anyways, 2) If it was only him and Kruis, I am fairly certain AC would ease up to let him win, 3) Would Landa do the same, and let Kruis go? I somehow doubt it.
Why would Landa have to let Crush go? Because he helped distance his team leader?

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: Re:

Jelantik said:
Arredondo said:
Landa just rode a great race. Remember he had to wait for Aru for a long time on Mortirolo. I would have love to see Contador and Landa mano o mano on the Mortirolo.

remember contador got mechanical and start 1minutes behind on mortirolo?How can we see mano a mano w/ landa? If he lost it that's common sense, he has spent his energy to chase them. at this point, favors Landa. He is the most likely will win it.

contador spends lots of energy catching landa/aru...now landa wheelsucking in *hopes* of beating contador for stage win. :p

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site

Cance > TheRest said:
Jelantik said:
Arredondo said:
Landa just rode a great race. Remember he had to wait for Aru for a long time on Mortirolo. I would have love to see Contador and Landa mano o mano on the Mortirolo.

remember contador got mechanical and start 1minutes behind on mortirolo?How can we see mano a mano w/ landa? If he lost it that's common sense, he has spent his energy to chase them. at this point, favors Landa. He is the most likely will win it.
I think he meant if they started on equal terms, say in the same position. Otherwise, I agree, it wouldn't be a fair battle

now astana is under pressure to win the stage! If they can't win it after they have ahead start on the mortirolo.. o my..

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site

GuyIncognito said:
The Hitch said:
sultanofhyd said:
Sean Kelly - "Passo del Motorola"
I remember he was calling it that 5 years ago too.

The Passo part is also incorrect.
Mortirolo is the name of the mountain. The pass is the Passo di Foppa

Well...

kvccE9M.png

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site

Arredondo said:
Jelantik said:
Arredondo said:

I think Contador and Landa are on par in the mountains atm. That's why i think it would have been a great battle between them.

You will see it at Finestre

TRENDING THREADS