• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage 17 Chieti → Blockhaus

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
clydesdale said:
Not so much...he looked done at the end. You never can tell with that guy.

Yeah, maybe right. Poker face. Just when I DON'T see a guy's cheeks going like a hyperventilating chipmunk, a la Sastre, etc., I wonder, "Where's he breathing from?"

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
There is still the stage to Vesuvius and Anagni... the latter which has an uphill Ardennes Classic type of finish. He gained what, 13s today

edit: Did Menchov have trouble with his gear?

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Why is Garzelli such a suprise? He won two stages last time he rode the giro. Was awesome last year as well and should have been invited. The guy is a classy veteran, always has been. Great rider.

BroDeal said:
It looked easy for Menchov to me. He is as solid as granite. It will take some spectacular racing to break him.

Well, part of it is me not wanting to get my hopes up...he's one of my favorites. I thought he had the tour last year when he started his break and then fell.

TRENDING THREADS