• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stage Wins or the Green?

One stage win or Green? Green, no question.

4 or 5 stage wins v. Green jersey? Not as sure...might depend on if the Green jersey winner picked up a stage somewhere.

A close example would be last year w/ Cav taking 4 stages and Friere one stage and the Green. I'd definitely go with Friere's one stage and the Green. If Friere hadn't won a stage last year, I'm not so sure.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
jaylew said:
One stage win or Green? Green, no question.

4 or 5 stage wins v. Green jersey? Not as sure...might depend on if the Green jersey winner picked up a stage somewhere.

A close example would be last year w/ Cav taking 4 stages and Friere one stage and the Green. I'd definitely go with Friere's one stage and the Green. If Friere hadn't won a stage last year, I'm not so sure.

Interesting, I always would have thought the stage wins were better or worth more to me. I would prefer single stage wins over the green. Not one for one, but probably two or three rather than the green.

TRENDING THREADS