• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stagiaires 2016

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

Red Rick said:
TMP402 said:
Thanks to all, I hope I've made all the amendments.

Red Rick said:
Shouldn't it be for 2017?

No, their contract lasts for 1st August 'til the end of the season. Many if not most stagiaires are not only not retained for the following season, but there is never the intention of signing them permanently. See for instance Tinkoff signing three.

Ok. I'm confusing neo pro' with stagiaires :eek:

Good point, can someone tell me the difference between being neo-pro and stagiaire ?
Neos sign at the winter market for a whole season at least, while stagiaires can be signed and join immediatly the team in August ?

Re: Re:

Krokro said:
Red Rick said:
TMP402 said:
Thanks to all, I hope I've made all the amendments.

Red Rick said:
Shouldn't it be for 2017?

No, their contract lasts for 1st August 'til the end of the season. Many if not most stagiaires are not only not retained for the following season, but there is never the intention of signing them permanently. See for instance Tinkoff signing three.

Ok. I'm confusing neo pro' with stagiaires :eek:

Good point, can someone tell me the difference between being neo-pro and stagiaire ?
Neos sign at the winter market for a whole season at least, while stagiaires can be signed and join immediatly the team in August ?

Stagiare is basically to test a rider or to give him an oppertunity to proof himself before the team (or another team) sign the rider. It can also be used by teams to give someone an oppertunity to get to know the team or get someone closer to the team to sign them later (Costa - Etixx for example). A neo pro has to get a minimum contract of 2 years if I am not mistaken and that is a normal contract just like any other pro rider.

TRENDING THREADS