• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

State of the peloton 2022

Page 15 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes I think we have peaked on excitement for this cycle.

Bora showed it at the Giro. Keep your powder dry and just crush the race with a concentrated mega watt effort.

After this edition Pog will ride more conservatively but now JV know they have the recipe right they will trust that they can just crush enough people to tee up JV to go full cyborg whenever needed.

Until the next guy(s) come along who have an even better mixture. I'm still hoping for a fully powered up Evenepoel, or maybe a VA vs VdP GC showdown.

Why not?

Until the next guy(s) come along who have an even better mixture. I'm still hoping for a fully powered up Evenepoel, or maybe a VA vs VdP GC showdown.

Why not?
Do you actually think thats what an arms race looks like? Because I am just thinking if Armstrong's reign would have ended earlier if there was no UCI protection (in both ways - making the positive test go away and blackmailing Mayo and Hamilton). Might be.

Do you actually think thats what an arms race looks like? Because I am just thinking if Armstrong's reign would have ended earlier if there was no UCI protection (in both ways - making the positive test go away and blackmailing Mayo and Hamilton). Might be.

I really don't have a clue what's going on right now. Blood bags, EPO, steroids, that's all stuff that - while pretty disgusting - I can sort of understand on a technical level. I have no idea what the current peloton is taking.

But yeah, I think Armstrong's reign was helped significantly by protection, and having more money and focus than everyone else also, similar to what Sky were doing.

Why not?

So far it seems MVdP has a bit of decency in his focus.

Maybe we get another nuclear breakout at the Vuelta but I think we're probably set for a bit. 2 nukes for the tour and a strong mixed field behind.

Spain and Italy will surely want to find someone after such a bad spell though so maybe there's some wiggle room there.

Reactions: spalco
Jul 21, 2022
Visit site
As long as they are top 20/30 riders at best and no stage wins, I am going to point my finger at others first.

Kuss and McNulty are super domestiques, they can demolish anyone if they have to, except Vingegaard and Pog

Powless is among the break almost every day. Apart from the first week, the same applies to Jorgensen. Simmons worked steadily for Pedersen and looked stronger than Ciccone in the mountains.

TRENDING THREADS