Stefan Bissegger is the new Fabian Cancellara thread

Maybe a bit early for a thread but hey, if Matteo Jorgenson can have one...

I couldn't resist the temptation to open the thread because a comparison to one of the best riders of the previous decade is obvious. A Swiss rider with a big engine who has shown inclinations towards classics and ITT.

A very good finish too as evidenced by today's stage.

There was another rider who had a successful debut with EF in BinckBank Tour similar circumstances 2 years ago but hasn't shown much since then unfortunately. I'm talking about Julius Van den Berg. Let's hope Bissegger has a better career trajectory from this point on. EF could use another rising star after losing Woods and Martinez and with Vanmarcke's future being uncertain.

But Bissegger is a class act, that's for sure. For the moment i see more of a EBH rider in him, than a Cancellara.
Yeah, I've thought about EBH as well as he seems to sprint more and didn't shine that much in U-23 cobbled races but Cancellara got bonus points for the same nationality. ;) I'm also not sure if I wish him to become the next EBH even though EBH had a better career than most of the riders in the peloton all things considered.

Yeah, I've thought about EBH as well as he seems to sprint more and didn't shine that much in U-23 cobbled races but Cancellara got bonus points for the same nationality. ;) I'm also not sure if I wish him to become the next EBH even though EBH had a better career than most of the riders in the peloton all things considered.
Yeah, more in the sense of skillset i meant of course.

ASK THE COMMUNITY