• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stefan Denifl

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Bavarianrider said:
Jörg Werner, manager of Kittel, Degenkolb and Martin, admitts that he has been a regular attendant at Schmidt's practise in Erfurt. However, he insists that it was only for his own regular personal treatment.

Gee they're all at it. They're still all cheats in the pro peloton.

Re: Re:

WKA311 said:
RedheadDane said:
search said:
Escarabajo said:
Preidler is saying that it was an attempt to transfuse blood. That he never actually did it. I am not sure what is the difference in the eyes of the UCI. Maybe a lessen ban. But I don't believe that for a second.

Maybe is time to open a new thread about the Doctor ring! (like we did with Fuentes).

in the interview Preidler mentions that it means the end of his career anyway, no matter the length of the ban (which is likely to be still 4 years by the way. There's the same penalty for "use" and "attempted use", afaik. And he clearly confessed the attempt.)

So if he indeed didn't tell the whole truth, it probably was not to get a shorter ban

Personal reasons? He's 28, so if he gets a four-year ban he'd ben 32 by the time the ban is over. Certainly wouldn't be the first to return from a ban at that age.

I guess it's not everyones cup of tea to come back and face all those people you betrayed. And then there also is the press. Hope he stays away for ever.

In that interview he also mentions that turning pro was never a target for him, it just happened. That could be another reason, why he is not too deperate to return.

In German media today it was reported that Preidler was not on the list of athletes involved (probably a list of names handed over by the doctor?) by the way, his confession caught the investigators by surprise.

Of course there's still the possibility that it may have come up later on, after analyzing the blood bags for example, but this could support his story of not re-injecting the blood.

Apr 8, 2018
Visit site
Re:

Frankschleck said:
It would be pretty funny if Kittel or Martin were involved especially after how much they have spoken against doping. Then they have a lot of explaining to do hahaha.

Doubt Kittel would write that blog on his website if he knows his blood is there, he'd just be digging his grave even deeper

Re: Re:

RedheadDane said:
search said:
Escarabajo said:
Preidler is saying that it was an attempt to transfuse blood. That he never actually did it. I am not sure what is the difference in the eyes of the UCI. Maybe a lessen ban. But I don't believe that for a second.

Maybe is time to open a new thread about the Doctor ring! (like we did with Fuentes).

in the interview Preidler mentions that it means the end of his career anyway, no matter the length of the ban (which is likely to be still 4 years by the way. There's the same penalty for "use" and "attempted use", afaik. And he clearly confessed the attempt.)

So if he indeed didn't tell the whole truth, it probably was not to get a shorter ban

Personal reasons? He's 28, so if he gets a four-year ban he'd ben 32 by the time the ban is over. Certainly wouldn't be the first to return from a ban at that age.

That age no, but the ones that have had 2 year bans. A 4 year ban would be harder and it's going to depend on how much the rider really wants it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts