• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Stefan Küng thread

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He has been super consistent yes. Too bad for him he does not really have the weapons to win big races. He could do it as part of a very strong squad. But when he is the only riders from his team in a group with multiple riders it is quite hard for him to win. Like yesterday he is just unlucky that Madouas wasn't at the same level he had in Flanders for example.

For Roubaix it will be the same. I can see him doing very well again, but just can't seem him winning against the likes of Van der Poel, Pedersen, Van Aert (if he competes) and Asgreen. Also guys like Laporte seem better finishers to me.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan
He has been super consistent yes. Too bad for him he does not really have the weapons to win big races. He could do it as part of a very strong squad. But when he is the only riders from his team in a group with multiple riders it is quite hard for him to win. Like yesterday he is just unlucky that Madouas wasn't at the same level he had in Flanders for example.

For Roubaix it will be the same. I can see him doing very well again, but just can't seem him winning against the likes of Van der Poel, Pedersen, Van Aert, Asgreen (if he competes) and also guys like Laporte seem better finishers to me.

Why wouldn't Asgreen compete?

For Roubaix it will be the same. I can see him doing very well again, but just can't seem him winning against the likes of Van der Poel, Pedersen, Van Aert (if he competes) and Asgreen. Also guys like Laporte seem better finishers to me.

First monument podium today.

It's a good post highlighting why he won't win big races, but maybe slipping away from the rest between the cobbled sectors/getting a right break composition in Roubaix would be his best hope of a major win.

First monument podium today.

It's a good post highlighting why he won't win big races, but maybe slipping away from the rest between the cobbled sectors/getting a right break composition in Roubaix would be his best hope of a major win.

Yeah Roubaix probably his best shot. With his engine you can always get that one day where almost everybody has his part of the bad luck except for Kung himself.

It would be cool if he can win this race at some point in his career.

But I would also argue the same for Mohoric, van der Poel, van Aert, Asgreen, Pedersen. So quite the queue already. ;)

Yeah Roubaix probably his best shot. With his engine you can always get that one day where almost everybody has his part of the bad luck except for Kung himself.

It would be cool if he can win this race at some point in his career.

But I would also argue the same for Mohoric, van der Poel, van Aert, Asgreen, Pedersen. So quite the queue already. ;)
Bad weather would also improve his chances of winning a big one day race. Most of his wins in the Swiss stage races and his great ride at the Harrogate WC have come with pretty horrible weather with lots of rain. He seems to suffer a lot less than many other riders under those conditions.

So if I am to give one piece of betting advice it would be to play Küng to finish in the top 6 of the big one-day races.

In Roubaix I got him at odds 5 to finish top 6, and he delivered without it ever looked like he wouldn't.

Today, I got it at odds 15 (!!!) and even though I still have no idea at all how exactly he managed to pull it off, I got the ultimate cap to a perfect day of cycling when I saw the top 10 :D

I posted this in the race thread itself, but I wanted to add it to Küng's thread as I wanted others thoughts on it.

I think he was quite inattentive when Jörgensen went ... his position was the best to latch on and he was completely nonchalant about trying. Weird.

Second, he said he was the second strongest in the race. I dunno my man, I think Abrahamsen might have something to say about that.

TRENDING THREADS