• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stephanie McIlvain - what now ?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Sep 29, 2015
Visit site
Re:

Robert21 said:
Benotti69 said:
It was despicable of McIlvain to compromise her position and her sons care by spilling the beans to LeMond and then threatening Betsy.

Harsh, I feel. Do you have an autistic child who will need care until the day he dies? Do you live in a country where there is no high-quality universal health care for all and where the quality of the treatment that you can get for your loved ones depends on having a good employee insurance plan or what you can afford?

Yes, it might have been easier for her had she said nothing to Lemond, but she didn't think it was been taped and even asked if this was the case first.

Yes, she acted very poorly, but I bet she was desperate and I would still say that the real villains are Oakley and Armstrong for making it clear that her job was on the line if she didn't lie for them.

I don't believe there is one harsh bit about it. She was far from a poor mom trying to take care of her autistic child. Her husband was VP of Oakley! She was also in the upper circles of the company. PLENTY of money there. Most Autistic kids don't have such affluent parents. Noone has to live in a mansion to "help their child"... She was lying to preserver her "way of life", like most liars do.
It is also a mistake to think it is ok to lie to protect your OWN way of life, while so many people (and their lives, and their kids) were being screwed by Lance. How about all the cyclists who WOULD HAVE won TDFrance if he hadn't cheated, and claimed the titles "in the name of cancer"... Rarely such a clear cut pile of cases of narcissism.

She needs to go down for perjury. So does Lance, and anyone else who lied for them.

Re: Re:

itsme_bernie said:
Robert21 said:
Benotti69 said:
It was despicable of McIlvain to compromise her position and her sons care by spilling the beans to LeMond and then threatening Betsy.

Harsh, I feel. Do you have an autistic child who will need care until the day he dies? Do you live in a country where there is no high-quality universal health care for all and where the quality of the treatment that you can get for your loved ones depends on having a good employee insurance plan or what you can afford?

Yes, it might have been easier for her had she said nothing to Lemond, but she didn't think it was been taped and even asked if this was the case first.

Yes, she acted very poorly, but I bet she was desperate and I would still say that the real villains are Oakley and Armstrong for making it clear that her job was on the line if she didn't lie for them.

I don't believe there is one harsh bit about it. She was far from a poor mom trying to take care of her autistic child. Her husband was VP of Oakley! She was also in the upper circles of the company. PLENTY of money there. Most Autistic kids don't have such affluent parents. Noone has to live in a mansion to "help their child"... She was lying to preserver her "way of life", like most liars do.
It is also a mistake to think it is ok to lie to protect your OWN way of life, while so many people (and their lives, and their kids) were being screwed by Lance. How about all the cyclists who WOULD HAVE won TDFrance if he hadn't cheated, and claimed the titles "in the name of cancer"... Rarely such a clear cut pile of cases of narcissism.

She needs to go down for perjury. So does Lance, and anyone else who lied for them.

And talking about caring for her autistic child, she also had an affair with Armstrong when both were married.

Re: Re:

itsme_bernie said:

#1 No one is getting perjury sanctions.
There is one thing I learned about the U.S. arbitration from all of this. Lying to perjury levels really is no problem. Game on.

#2 This is the problem with getting involved with thieves/crooks/frauds/etc. Let's be fair to the woman for a minute and pretend she started out with good intentions. Instead of walking away, she just keeps selling the scam AND THEN one of her crooked cohorts is threatening her criminal livelihood. You should never expect anything less from people who live like that.

I don't think she was ever an innocent victim in any of it. Some of her tactics were just as shocking and dishonorable as Armstrong's. The two were made for each other. At the same time, it's pretty amazing so many people were so willing to participate in the fraud.

TRENDING THREADS