• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stephanie testifies today

Page 14 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
And what of Chris Commical? Are they going to question him?

Expect a reply like

'lance goes reeeallly fast because he drinks lots and lots and lots of water and his hydration process is more developed than the average athlete. He simply transfers water to the muscles faster and recovers better that way and he goes really fast that way'

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
The thing I find funny about Chris Charmichael's shtick is that he said that LA's improvements in the early days of post-cancer were his work on his aerobic system... You bet! EPO, RSR13, Hemacrit, etc, etc; WOW! Those will really do some work on your aerobic system.

What's his income been from weekend racer training programs? Burn that liar while you're at it...

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Boeing said:
And what of Chris Commical? Are they going to question him?

Expect a reply like

'lance goes reeeallly fast because he drinks lots and lots and lots of water and his hydration process is more developed than the average athlete. He simply transfers water to the muscles faster and recovers better that way and he goes really fast that way'

There is a REAL class act. Had the "experience" of meeting / chatting with him on a few occasions . . . impressed, NOT! What would Jeff get out any conservation with him?

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
Tubeless said:
If the FEDs choose to pursue an obstruction of justice charge against Stephanie, they can use the Lemond tape and call Mr Startt, Frankie & Betsy as witnesses to prove their case. There are others that heard "it" first hand from Stephanie as well.

Just for curiosity's sake, what is a reasonable charge for obstruction in a case like this?

Anyone have any idea?

May 23, 2010
Visit site
tockit said:
Just for curiosity's sake, what is a reasonable charge for obstruction in a case like this?

Anyone have any idea?

What do you mean by a "reasonable charge"? We're assuming that Stephanie blamed passing of time, amnesia or drug abuse and was unable to recall events that happened in 1996. If she had said no, there was never any talk about PEDs in that hospital room - she would have been open to a federal perjury charge. Obstruction of justice is often a catch-all way to get those who try to be too clever when being questioned.

We really don't know what she said to the grand jury. But if she was evasive and did not fully cooperate, it's a good bet that the prosecutors will try to throw the book at her - if only to set an example for others.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obstruction_of_justice

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
D-Queued said:
Looks like Stephanie's career is still pretty closely tied to promoting Lance:

http://www.zinio.com/reader.jsp?issue=416143462&rf=usa_clt_oakleyomn&o=ext

scroll to page 26.

"Words by Stephanie McIlvain"

Dave.

I'm sure they spoke about a LOT more than sponsorship and cancer on that jet trip.

I used to have sympathy for her, but if she's still working this closely with him, allowing herself to be Oakley's *****, then let her take a perjury rap ASAP.

May 7, 2009
Visit site
AnythingButKestrel said:
....The only way the lying is going to stop is if there is an organized boycott of the companies involved. Why not pin up a list of everything LA is connected to? Personally, I wouldn't give another thin dime to Trek, Oakley, etc. Based on the latest opinion poll, at least 45% of the general public might feel the same.

You know, I have sort of done that myself long before things have come to this point, particularly with Giro & Oakley. I probably would no longer buy anything at Radioshack and was never a Nike fan. I think people like us are only a small drop in a huge bucket, though.

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
JMBeaushrimp said:
The thing I find funny about Chris Charmichael's shtick is that he said that LA's improvements in the early days of post-cancer were his work on his aerobic system... You bet! EPO, RSR13, Hemacrit, etc, etc; WOW! Those will really do some work on your aerobic system.

What's his income been from weekend racer training programs? Burn that liar while you're at it...

As if in the pre-cancer days, he just sat around lifting weights and eating apple fritters. So the big question is: Chris Comical, if all you had to do was start to improve on his aerobic system, why didn't you do that years earlier?

Again, someone laying down an alibi. He knew people wouldn't believe the power:weight thing without some additional supporting lies.