• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Ster Elektrotoer 2010

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Jamsque said:
That's not a very good result for Greipel considering the field he was up against, although he may have burned too much energy chasing after his puncture.

I swear Graeme Brown sprints for second on purpose, I have never known a rider get on the podium so often and win so seldom.

Steven De Jongh
Ventoso won the stage , we got lost on a roundabout.

The GC is even more of a Rabo fest than before the start of the stage:

1. 47 NED 19850218 VAN EMDEN, Jos RAB
2. 41 NED 19851230 BOOM, Lars RAB +3"
3. 44 NED 19850117 LANGEVELD, Sebastian RAB +7"
4. 42 AUS 19790409 BROWN, Graeme RAB +9"
5. 48 NED 19810405 WEENING, Pieter RAB +10"

I predict Ventoso will be back in the Pro Tour soon. I never really understood why his career seemed to go off track. He was a young guy who showed steady improvement at Saunier Duval and had a really good year in 2007. Then he signed with Andalucia. :confused:

Anyone out there have any inside info?

A

Anonymous

theyoungest said:
The GC is even more of a Rabo fest than before the start of the stage:

1. 47 NED 19850218 VAN EMDEN, Jos RAB
2. 41 NED 19851230 BOOM, Lars RAB +3"
3. 44 NED 19850117 LANGEVELD, Sebastian RAB +7"
4. 42 AUS 19790409 BROWN, Graeme RAB +9"
5. 48 NED 19810405 WEENING, Pieter RAB +10"

If that was astana, saxo, radioshack, or about any other team we would be in the clinic by now..

as it is I think its just that Rabobank are the only ones who care about this race..

TeamSkyFans said:
If that was astana, saxo, radioshack, or about any other team we would be in the clinic by now..

as it is I think its just that Rabobank are the only ones who care about this race..

This. The Rabo riders want to win, especially the ones who wont be going to the Tour (all except Boom). The rest are just trying to get some final sharpness.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey! Good for him. He has done a lot of sprinting for not much result this season, I was hoping he could do something in a smaller race like this. A Sky one-two no less!

A

Anonymous

Have people not worked it out yet.. Sky only win sprints when Russ is in the leadout..

SpartacusRox

BANNED
May 6, 2010
Visit site
maltiv said:
and henderson only wins when the leadout is so good that it's a 1-2 finish :D

Sounds like Aussie or Pom inferiority complex to me;) you notice that Hendy didn't make a sudden left turn with no indicator on in this sprint unlike a certain other sprinter

TRENDING THREADS