• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stillerstrong/Livestrong Debacle

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Ben Stiller has started a campaign called "Stillerstrong" to build a schoold in Haiti, lance sees that he's (Ben Stiller's) intentions are good that they disregard the brand name of Livestrong.

ben Stiller tweets
Happy Holidays. Today I'm launching a new, TOTALLY ORIGINAL campaign to help out a community in Haiti #STILLERSTRONG http://tiny.cc/stiller

http://www.stillerstrong.org/
look at the youtube clip.

Lance tweets referring to Stiller strong
But we have a lot yet to do. We won't rest until the job is done.
Lance responds with a youtube video on his site

http://livestrongblog.org/2009/12/04/in-response-to-stillerstrong/

A

Anonymous

and the moral of that story is that lance has no future in comedy when he hangs up the nike's

(can i just check you dont think this is serious, well the school is but obviously, yes, dont worry its obvious, i wont insult your intelligence any further..)

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
and the moral of that story is that lance has no future in comedy when he hangs up the nike's

(can i just check you dont think this is serious, well the school is but obviously, yes, dont worry its obvious, i wont insult your intelligence any further..)

I know it's a joke, Amrstrong is no actor. Stiller is at least believable. I love the website he's created

You poms think we aussies have shyte for brains, i have news for you, ;)

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
I know it's a joke, Amrstrong is no actor. Stiller is at least believable. I love the website he's created

You poms think we aussies have shyte for brains, i have news for you, ;)

well after the halloween thread you never know..

:D

Id love to know what it said before you edited it.. ;)

He should have called it bluesteel.org.

zoo_narrowweb__300x405,0.jpg

You have to wonder how the guy who trains harder than all the rest and has to find a magical 15% improvement, can afford to waste time on this spoof.

He should be out, pounding the hills, on his bike, not promoting his naf Nike for fanboy's Christmas presents.

MV I have to say I find this a little troubling. It's one thing to have a foundation/chairty by which you use your name to promote. But to start taking the p1ss of the entire process as these two are is disrespectful to charties which raise money without the celebrity antics.

It makes a mockery of people who donate to charties. The rightful reason to donate is because it's a worthy cause and/or you've touched in some way by the subject of the chairty.

We should never get into a situation whereby the foundations/chairties become a carry on film and we give money because we think Stiller is funny & the most overacting celebrity wins. It's a joke. Is this really an effort to create awareness to build schools in Hati or just Stiller & Dickstrong promoting themselves?

I makes me feel a little sick to be honest.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
You have to wonder how the guy who trains harder than all the rest and has to find a magical 15% improvement, can afford to waste time on this spoof.

He should be out, pounding the hills, on his bike, not promoting his naf Nike for fanboy's Christmas presents.

Lance has mastered human cloning. Either that or He has 37 hour days.

A

Anonymous

thehog said:
MV I have to say I find this a little troubling. It's one thing to have a foundation/chairty by which you use your name to promote. But to start taking the p1ss of the entire process as these two are is disrespectful to charties which raise money without the celebrity antics.

and the celebrity antics have so far raised 50k for the school... not sure i see the problem, but then it is still very early.. perhaps when ive woken up properly..

dimspace said:
and the celebrity antics have so far raised 50k for the school... not sure i see the problem, but then it is still very early.. perhaps when ive woken up properly..

Fair point and maybe I had too much red wine last night but I feel the message gets lost in all of this. However 50k is 50k.

Still feel better education of t what cancer really is and schools in Haiti rather than the Dickstrong and Stiller jumping up and down funding their own ego and throwing some loose change the way of their foundations.

Whether you find these laddish antics amusing/offensive/disappointing etc, is a matter of personal taste, as is most "humour".
Yet, I can't help but think such stunts, however well intended, won't help his cause, when the time comes to enter the political arena.
At some point on the ladder, every aspect of his life will go under the microscope.
Those seeking the highest office often find themselves eliminated for seemingly minor indiscretions.

A

Anonymous

oh the fallout on this board there will be in 2029 when lance becomes president with VP stiller.. :D

Mellow Velo said:
Whether you find these laddish antics amusing/offensive/disappointing etc, is a matter of personal taste, as is most "humour".

I think Bono is a bit of w_nker but at least with his cause he moves for political change and eradication of debt to poor countries and not so much throwing at your favourite celebrity. That I see making difference as well as educating the donators to the cause.

For Stiffstrong there is a lot more in it for him than there is in for actual change and pass through end donation.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
thehog said:
I think Bono is a bit of w_nker .

He's a rock musician, they're 99% pretentious w*nkers, with f*** all to say.

As for armstrong, he's passable at the humour efforts, but that video wasn't funny - needs a better support crew.