• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

STIs - Pair or individual?

I've just been on a particular online store looking at DA 7900 STIs and am a little confused by some pricing.

Am I missing something? Buy an individual left lever and an individual right lever and it is 50 quid cheaper than buying what is advertised as 'A pair'!! Do you get something else with the 'pair': cables maybe? Doesn't mention anything.

Some bizarre marketing if not!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Not sure. Sounds like how car parts are priced.

I picked up a set of new OEM 6700 levers without the cable set for much less than the boxed set. I purchased a yokozuna cable set and couldn't be happier. The yokos are really, really smooth.

Look around before you buy. You can get the levers for far less than retail.

richwagmn said:
I purchased a yokozuna cable set and couldn't be happier. The yokos are really, really smooth.

I just completed my Spring maintainance and fitted yokos. Got to agree they are a cut above and getting brake and gear in one is a big help.

Also fitted Q-rings and I'm very happy with them

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
SpannerBender said:
I've just been on a particular online store looking at DA 7900 STIs and am a little confused by some pricing.

Am I missing something? Buy an individual left lever and an individual right lever and it is 50 quid cheaper than buying what is advertised as 'A pair'!! Do you get something else with the 'pair': cables maybe? Doesn't mention anything.

Some bizarre marketing if not!

Be careful....

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2011/03/17/cc_fraud_follows_bike_store_purchases/