• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

STOP COMPLAINING!!!! Please.....

May 26, 2009
Visit site
VS haters...stop it please. Don't you remember when we only got 30 minutes of coverage once a week on Wide World of Sports, narrated by John Tesh?

Everyone of us here that watches it on VS should write them a thank you!! Period. Complain any more and maybe they just take it off the air all together...then where will you be?

Greg Lemond...Stop complaining about the atheletes. When you rode you did some amazing things...are you accusing yourself of doping? No...then keep it to yourself. Facts, only the facts...no accusations, speculations, or interpretations. Let it go man.

Take this time and be thankful for all we have.
CyclingNews ...tell them thanks!!
VS... write them a thanks!!
Your local bike shop....go buy a spare tube!
The Lord... for giving us the ability to enjoy such splendor!!

Can't we all just get along!

A

Anonymous

Pursuit said:
VS haters...stop it please. Don't you remember when we only got 30 minutes of coverage once a week on Wide World of Sports, narrated by John Tesh?

Everyone of us here that watches it on VS should write them a thank you!! Period. Complain any more and maybe they just take it off the air all together...then where will you be?

Greg Lemond...Stop complaining about the atheletes. When you rode you did some amazing things...are you accusing yourself of doping? No...then keep it to yourself. Facts, only the facts...no accusations, speculations, or interpretations. Let it go man.

No, the coverage sucks. We can watch it on the computer without them. The HD thing is pretty cool, but it is really a Sophie's Choice to watch it with those 4 morons spilling their drivel.

Pursuit said:

[Joke suggesting Armstrong is The Lord being referenced]

Pursuit said:

This is the stupidest line of reasoning ever. The past is the past. You might as well say we should not complain about our iPhones because twenty years ago mobile phones were the size of bricks.

This also did not need a new thread. We already have a thread about versus. You just posted to it before deciding to pollute the forum with yet another unncessary thread.

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
This is the stupidest line of reasoning ever. The past is the past. You might as well say we should not complain about our iPhones because twenty years ago mobile phones were the size of bricks.

Since the past is the past then why can't people let go of the doping accusations of the past? Hhmmm...

And honestly, you shouldn't complain about the crap you got now! Kids today have lots of things we didn't have as kids, just like we did when our parent's were our age, like cell phones, computers, HD, iPods, internet forums, etc.

So to say VS. sucks has a simple solution, just like anything else on TV: change the channel or turn it off. And if you already did, great! Good for you.

So we have lots to be thankful for like Pursuit states, but we still find shiat to complain about.

<puts on flame resistant suit cuz I know it's coming regardless...>

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Gee333 said:
Since the past is the past then why can't people let go of the doping accusations of the past? Hhmmm...

And honestly, you shouldn't complain about the crap you got now! Kids today have lots of things we didn't have as kids, just like we did when our parent's were our age, like cell phones, computers, HD, iPods, internet forums, etc.

So to say VS. sucks has a simple solution, just like anything else on TV: change the channel or turn it off. And if you already did, great! Good for you.

So we have lots to be thankful for like Pursuit states, but we still find shiat to complain about.

<puts on flame resistant suit cuz I know it's coming regardless...>

I wanted to flame...but was too busy laughing!!

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Pursuit said:

If you don't like us voicing our opinions then go away. Versus coverage is trash compared to Eurosport, and this is the place where serious cycling fans can discuss/mock/ridicule it. You obviously have nothing constructive to add to these forums, so GTFO!

Jul 20, 2009
Visit site
Serious cycling fans discuss stuff here? Please.
All I've seen are LA fanboys bashing AC fanboys and vice versa. I found a few posts about race strategy and tactics, but mostly, I found people talking out of their a$$ about their 'boys'. If you want to talk serious, maybe you all can stop the bickering about who got a bigger mojo and just talk cycling?

I'd say we should have a section for Serious Race Tactics and Discussion, and a section for Measure Your Pen!S where you can talk about LA vs AC. That way, I don't have to put many of you on my personal spam filter!

Cobber said:
If you don't like us voicing our opinions then go away. Versus coverage is trash compared to Eurosport, and this is the place where serious cycling fans can discuss/mock/ridicule it. You obviously have nothing constructive to add to these forums, so GTFO!

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
ashaman said:
All I've seen are LA fanboys bashing AC fanboys and vice versa. I found a few posts about race strategy and tactics, but mostly, I found people talking out of their a$$ about their 'boys'. If you want to talk serious, maybe you all can stop the bickering about who got a bigger mojo and just talk cycling?

I'd say we should have a section for Serious Race Tactics and Discussion, and a section for Measure Your Pen!S where you can talk about LA vs AC. That way, I don't have to put many of you on my personal spam filter!

I can get carried away somtimes...even in jest...but I really got to agree with you regarding the biggest crank thread...WTF?

Gee333 said:

That technology moves on has nothing to do with the fact that a rider like Armstrong is a doper and a fraud. We can all be flying around in George Jetson-like spaceships and the dopers will still be dopers.

The human race is extremely lucky it did not rely upon your philosophy. Otherwise we would all be living in mud huts, picking lice out of our hair, and eating beetle grubs. Anyone who complained about the crappy standard of living would have been told by you and Pursuit to STFU because you had to eat maggots instead of grubs when you were young. Complaining about the state of things is the first step towards improvement.

There is already no reason to listen to the commentators on Versus. It is easy to listen to streamed audio instead. The quality of the commentary is so much better that there is no reason to ever put up with those doddering old fools on Versus again.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
ashaman said:

Well.... it used to be a place where cycling was discussed. It seems that over the past couple of weeks these forums have become almost unreadable. I find myself opening a thread and scanning through dozens of posts with no punctuation or capital letters. Now i pretty much look at the name of the poster and if I recognise the name I will read the post. Hopefully the forums will get back to normal in a couple more days....... :(

OK. We've established that. Armstrong is a doper and a fraud. Contador is a doper and a fraud. Schlecks...dopers and frauds. Cavendish, doper and fraud .....and a$$hole. In fact they are probably all dopers frauds and a$$holes ......except Georgie, he's a wimp. OK, probably half a$$hole alpha dog team leaders and half wimp ***** domesiques. Except for Jens he is ultra cool and was actually bitten by a radioactive spider at an early age, so he doesn't have to dope.

Hugh Januss said:
OK. We've established that. Armstrong is a doper and a fraud. Contador is a doper and a fraud. Schlecks...dopers and frauds. Cavendish, doper and fraud .....and a$$hole. In fact they are probably all dopers frauds and a$$holes ......except Georgie, he's a wimp. OK, probably half a$$hole alpha dog team leaders and half wimp ***** domesiques. Except for Jens he is ultra cool and was actually bitten by a radioactive spider at an early age, so he doesn't have to dope.
Brilliant!

Jun 30, 2009
Visit site
Hugh Januss said:

........+1

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:

This also did not need a new thread. We already have a thread about versus. You just posted to it before deciding to pollute the forum with yet another unncessary thread.

I am wondering - does everyone here do a search to find out if a subject they are interested in commenting about has been raised somewhere at some time in the past on this forum?:confused:

Seems like a waste of time and energy. The claim that a thread has previously been started on a subject tends only to be raised by those who take an opposing view of whatever the lead post is.

CentralCaliBike said:
I am wondering - does everyone here do a search to find out if a subject they are interested in commenting about has been raised somewhere at some time in the past on this forum?:confused:

Seems like a waste of time and energy. The claim that a thread has previously been started on a subject tends only to be raised by those who take an opposing view of whatever the lead post is.

No, it tends to be raised by everyone who has been here a while. People are sick of seeing five threads for every subject.

The dupe threads also tend to be posted by someone who has a handful of posts to his name. Sometimes they are his very first post. In this case, the OP, with two previous posts to his name, posted a complaint about complaints in the existing Versus thread. He then turned around and created an entirely new thread with a near identical post. In fact, I think some of his second post might be a verbatim copy of the first.

It is really pretty easy to avoid. First look over the list of threads on the first page. Better, do a little more work and look over the second page. Better yet, simply read the forum for a day or so before posting a new thread; that way you will know whether there is a similar thread.

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Please also stop complaining about SUV's and Hybrid cars. Don't you all remember we used to drive steam cars?

people complaining about people complaining is ghay

Pursuit said:

Yes! I do remember that! It was my first view of cycling.

I live in Germany and can catch cycling from a lot of various European sources. The last two years my summer vacation in the US overlapped with part of the Tour, and we watched it on Versus. It didn't impress me very much, but at least it was cycling coverage.

Susan

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Versus has the coverage that you don't prefer because it is what most likely will make them the most money. It really isn't their fault. Liggett was the most well respected announcer in cycling before everyone hated Lance Armstrong. Now he's a joke because he talks highly of him. Hilarious. The best part is people that hate Armstrong love Contador and don't think he's a doper. Both have doping accusations, both ride selfishly but one of them isn't Lance so he is great and all natural.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Fan Boy said:
Versus has the coverage that you don't prefer because it is what most likely will make them the most money. It really isn't their fault. Liggett was the most well respected announcer in cycling before everyone hated Lance Armstrong. Now he's a joke because he talks highly of him. Hilarious. The best part is people that hate Armstrong love Contador and don't think he's a doper. Both have doping accusations, both ride selfishly but one of them isn't Lance so he is great and all natural.

I think you are way wrong there...I think we all know Contador has a past and most likely dopes...and if Ligget and versus constantly went on about him it would be just as crappy!!

A

Anonymous

Fan Boy said:

Dude, comas are pretty cheap, seriously.