• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strade Bianche 2013, March 2nd, 188 kms 1.1

Page 28 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
In the last 3 years(started counting after his Roubaix win in 2010) Cancellara has only won 2 races that aren't time trials, poor guy.

Of course he can still pick up some nice wins before the end of his classics season this year.

Maybe he can win PR since sagan isnt a contender there. But then again if boonen arrives in good form its going to be the same old story again. Theres actually no point in him going to milan san remo since he is going to end up tagging at least sagan together with another sprinter to the finish. If ebh doesnt do well in the classics this season i think he will be of great help working for cancellara as a super dom for the main classics. Yhey will both have their chances. When does ebh's contract end?

May 28, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:
In the last 3 years(started counting after his Roubaix win in 2010) Cancellara has only won 2 races that aren't time trials, poor guy.

Of course he can still pick up some nice wins before the end of his classics season this year.

Three victories in fact:

E3
Swiss NC RR ;)
Strade Bianche

I have no doubt that Sagan could have won the race. Nice ride by Moser, he took a risk by conserving some energy for the final hill as the chasing group were not far behind but he was strong at the finish. Cannondale controlled it and Cancellara was whinging as usual. Obviously BMC and Cannondale were not going to help him. Where were his team mates ?

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Geraint Too Fast said:
"I think we did everything we could do" - Aike Visbeek (Argos DS)

DNF TIMMER Albert Team Argos - Shimano
DNF SINKELDAM Ramon Team Argos - Shimano
DNF PETERSON Tom Team Argos - Shimano
DNF MEZGEC Luka Team Argos - Shimano
DNF GESCHKE Simon Team Argos - Shimano
DNF FROHLINGER Johannes Team Argos - Shimano
DNF DAMUSEAU Thomas Team Argos - Shimano

:rolleyes:

LOL! :D That's hilarious, but at the same time kinda sad. They better invest in some guys that can make it through a hard race like this for next season.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Miburo said:
Pretty much yea, he's right though.

I'm sure he'll move teams next year.

He'll have to, the team likely won't be around. I just hope the team can get their act together and be better help to him in Roubaix.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Geraint Too Fast said:
"I think we did everything we could do" - Aike Visbeek (Argos DS)

DNF TIMMER Albert Team Argos - Shimano
DNF SINKELDAM Ramon Team Argos - Shimano
DNF PETERSON Tom Team Argos - Shimano
DNF MEZGEC Luka Team Argos - Shimano
DNF GESCHKE Simon Team Argos - Shimano
DNF FROHLINGER Johannes Team Argos - Shimano
DNF DAMUSEAU Thomas Team Argos - Shimano

:rolleyes:

There only 7 riders there, the 8th Francois Parisien finished 27th 1:39 back.

Although Garmin had 4 finishers their best was Dekker who was 42nd.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
Why did they get invited?

Degenkolb might be able to do okay here, although the climbs are probably too much for him. Apart from that they have no one that stands out as being any sort of chance of getting close.
Reinhardt Janse van Rensberg in the future maybe.

Mad Elephant Man said:
There only 7 riders there, the 8th Francois Parisien finished 27th 1:39 back.

Although Garmin had 4 finishers their best was Dekker who was 42nd.

yep, Parisien was riding riding comfortably in the main group for most of the race, good performance by him.

to be honest, I did not recognize his good results last year before, looks like he can be good support for the team.

Jancouver said:
Radioshack sponsorship is over this year so he and everyone else is going to leave ...

I really doubt this team will find another sponsor unless Trek can pick up the bill.

Cancellara the strongest
Sagan the fastest
Moser the luckiest
Sagan was the strongest... in the final km he showed it.
Moser was the...cleverest!

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
El Pistolero said:

I think it's three non-TT victories since joining Leopard:

2011 E3 Prijs
2011 Swiss National Road Championships
2012 Strade Bianche

SafeBet said:
He punctured just after entering the hardest sterrato sector of the race 50 kms from the finish. He had no team mates and was 45 seconds behind the peloton at one point, then managed to get back.

A huge waste of energy for sure.
Yeah, Slagter punctured at the same point. Pretty good result from both of them considering the circumstances.

gruppeto993 said:
Bad luck yes. Poor.team yes. But i dont understand what he can do different tacticlly.

Gamble more for example. Just refuse to go in the wind at all. There are four guys in the break, let's see if the other 15 or so teams in the race don't care about winning either. Attack earlier, attack later. Whatever. Something's got to change.

gruppeto993 said:
Bad luck yes. Poor.team yes. But i dont understand what he can do different tacticlly.

I'd say he just wasn't the strongest, and that's about it. If he really was the strongest he could've gapped to Moser and the fugitives alone, or he could've tried before, or whatever.

Let's get over with it. Everytime Cancellara loses it's because he had no team, because he had no luck, because because because.

Strade Bianche has been won by the strongest, let's pay merit where is due.

lol, I just read sagan's words after the strade bianche. he said he was not fully recovered from the bronchitidis and still he had some cough. By the way, he also mentioned that actually 20km before finish, they decided that they will go on Moser, as everybody was watching him. So he probably wasn't feeling so well and still, he had crushed everybody on the finish.

May 28, 2012
Visit site
tomorrow said:
lol, I just read sagan's words after the strade bianche. he said he was not fully recovered from the bronchitidis and still he had some cough. By the way, he also mentioned that actually 20km before finish, they decided that they will go on Moser, as everybody was watching him. So he probably wasn't feeling so well and still, he had crushed everybody on the finish.

So there goes the theory that he's in top shape, as some suggested here.

TRENDING THREADS