• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strade Bianche: August 1, 2020

Page 18 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great race! Wout really deserved that one he was the strongest rider.
Fuglsang looked like the strongest rider until he wasn't and Formolo is an awesome Grappa Diesel who seems to get better the longer and harder a race is.
Thinking Wout is a great diesel as well, the way the early finale and the heat destroyed the punchy guys more than normally. And then an allround super powerhouse like Wout comes to the fore. He's gonna be winning a lot of classics if i'm not mistaken. But that's like saying the obvious as we could see that already 3 years ago

Reactions: Sandisfan
Really enjoyed today. Very, very glad to have pro cycling back in our lives! For now #anticovid

Rooting for Greg as usual, unfortunately he suffered a rare fringale. But he was up there, as always, and that's promising.

Brilliant race and deserved victory for Wout. His engine is amazing and what a way to come back after his horror injury 1 year ago.

Remember he had a puncture?

According to De Tier it was at a bad moment and the peloton was pacing full. So he was probably cooked from coming back after that.
Same thing happened to Benoot earlier in the race by the way.

It takes a bit of luck in these races as well.
That's true, but he got a wheel almost instantly it seems. If he has one of his "blessed" days, that wouldn't have taken him out that early. Anyway, I'm still not inclined to believe Adrie when he says Mathieu is a "good climber" and could win Lombardia. Not writing him off for Strade, but i think he'll have to win it like Wout did today.

Thinking Wout is a great diesel as well, the way the early finale and the heat destroyed the punchy guys more than normally. And then an allround super powerhouse like Wout comes to the fore. He's gonna be winning a lot of classics if i'm not mistaken. But that's like saying the obvious as we could see that already 3 years ago
I agree on him being a diesel, I think Paris-Roubaix might be the best one day race for him.

TRENDING THREADS