• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Strava Premium - yay or nay

Whats the biggest benefits? I kinda wanna support Strava, but the price is rather spicy. I don't have a power meter, but I have a HRM and I very much like the idea behind having that data on Strava, the different zones, suffer score etc.

Who are you are using it and who are thinking about signing up for the coming season?

Nov 18, 2016
Visit site
I'm a premium Strava user Like Strava a lot, like to donate some money for al their work, and I'm happy with the extra features for premium users. And I do (not yet) have a powermeter.

I use premium. It's the only software/hardware I use. It has the heart rate and Power data features. It also has a speedometer. The free version shows your average speed but not your current speed. I like that since I don't have any other bike computer. It's only something like $60 for the year. Don't do month to month.

Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Thanks for the feedback. Im probably gonna end up going premium.

Did you sign up? I've had a premium account for a couple of years and do like the extra features but like others have said I don't mind donating a little extra for what is a fun little app, I've made some good cycling/real world buddies thanks to Strava being around

Oct 25, 2016
Visit site
I've been using Premium a couple of years.Happy enough and it's only £40pa which works out at £3.33 a month.I also use Veloviwer(£10pa) which links to Strava and gives even more detailed stats.It's not a lot of money for both really :cool:

Re:

Alpe d'Huez said:
Curious if you signed up. I believe they have a 30 day free demo, no?

I don't have a power meter either, but am on Premium. I'm mostly on it as a "donation" to Strava for putting out such a good, useful app.
I probably will when I start going for serious rides outside which means the opening week in Belgium. What a good day Saturday will be.

I just have one question: Can I connect my heartrate monitor? Its Sigma, don't know exactly what model.

Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Alpe d'Huez said:
Curious if you signed up. I believe they have a 30 day free demo, no?

I don't have a power meter either, but am on Premium. I'm mostly on it as a "donation" to Strava for putting out such a good, useful app.
I probably will when I start going for serious rides outside which means the opening week in Belgium. What a good day Saturday will be.

I just have one question: Can I connect my heartrate monitor? Its Sigma, don't know exactly what model.

I don't know that heart rate monitor brand, but it should. I have a wahoo heart rate monitor that hooks up perfectly with Strava. It uses bluetooth. Strava should also sync up with most power meters.