• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stuart O'Grady in shock? Really?

Jul 16, 2012
Visit site
"I believed that he (Armstrong) won those seven Tours clean. I wanted to believe that like everyone else.

There is something about the TONE of this article. Is he having a go?

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
He spent year with Riis.
We have Hamilton's testimony on Riis's relationship with Fuentes.
Plus, the clincher: He used similar language to Brailsford.
Clear evidence he's dodgy.
Andy Rihs, make sure the spelling is right, even if the ethics is the same. are the same

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
By 2006 my neighbors cat had doubts about Armstrong riding clean. And here comes O'Grady, being in the peloton for 14 years during the darkest times ever and gives us that bull****. I sort of liked him until today but I hate it when people think I am stupid.

Is this the same Stuart O'Grady who witnessed first hand Floyd's solo attack in 2006 and said he's been a professional bike rider for a long time and he knew that wasn't 'normal' ? Yet as a veteran of the peloton he's shocked at what was going on with Armstrong's teams? :confused: He and Chris Horner should meet up for a beer :eek:

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Cookster15 said:
Is this the same Stuart O'Grady who witnessed first hand Floyd's solo attack in 2006 and said he's been a professional bike rider for a long time and he knew that wasn't 'normal' ? Yet as a veteran of the peloton he's shocked at what was going on with Armstrong's teams? :confused: He and Chris Horner should meet up for a beer :eek:

Maybe they have, one too many times.

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Just my opinion, but... in this day and age there is no way on earth that a top professional cannot have known or heard rumours and the like. To be 'shocked and stunned' is disingenious... overwhelmed and disappointed maybe, but to claim no knowledge simply sends mixed messages. (This doesn't apply to Stuey alone, I must add...)

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
O'Grady's comments are sickening. Him being a veteran should lead the fight in anti-doping, yet he resorted to standard omerta soundbites.

This tells me he is as dirty as guys like Hamilton, only he hasn't admitted to anything.

TRENDING THREADS