• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Stuart O'Grady - Whats happening??

If I am not mistaken, this isn't the first time something like this has happened. I recall a similar incident back in the late 90's (in Noosa..??) - perhaps linked to when he & Henk Vogels were bashed in France.

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
twice i think

they still dont know yet and the tests will take a couple of days from what Cycling SA's manager is saying

the majority here are closer to Spain that what us Aussie's are - someone shound know somthing

Apr 8, 2009
Visit site
you bet me to it - sounded terrible and hopefull the doctors can find out why it happend

we all know he is a tough nut to crack and whatever it is he will deal with it like only Stuey can

Jul 18, 2009
Visit site
Sounds like an epileptic seizure, particularly if this is the second time it has happened. I would presume he'll be having brain scans and other tests to make sure there is nothing underlying it.

Could be serious enough. Certainly wouldn't be allowed to drive after something like this so could have potential implications for a cyclist?:(

A

Anonymous

Glad he's doing okay. And even after riding shotgun in my instructor's race car I was woozy and a bit nauseated by the g-forces. But it still makes you nervous hearing these things.

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Hope he does well. As someone how has had a couple of grand maul seizures it is a scary thing waking up in a hospital with no clue how you got there. I hope that it does not affect his ability to keep his contact.

Aug 25, 2009
Visit site
L29205 said:
Hope he does well. As someone how has had a couple of grand maul seizures it is a scary thing waking up in a hospital with no clue how you got there. I hope that it does not affect his ability to keep his contact.

Second that. I've seen the worst end of the condition. Not fun.

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Great replys and info guys, thanks. And its good to see that he seems to have come away from a very scary event with his sense of humour intact. I'm not too sure that there is anyone out there who doesn't love Stuey and way he does things!

Jul 4, 2009
Visit site
Good to hear things are not looking to bad, hope he has a quick and full recovery. Now off to get a VB, this vegemite pie is making me thirsty.

TRENDING THREADS