• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

stupid maths problem

Page 6 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

6÷2(1+2)= ?

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
The equation is more complex than it looks though, because it doesn't include the key information that we need to be sure of the answer. It kind of puts together what it can and trusts us to read it; but it's confusing and slightly off kilter because it doesn't preclude the other reading from being right.

Think of it as like maths, as done by DAOTEC. The numbers and symbols are all perfectly fine, but somehow when they're all put together it looks like normal mathematics but somehow manages to make itself confusing at the same time.

Yeah, I get what you are trying to say, but the way I see it the equation is alright and the answer is 9. That's just how I was schooled, but I guess that only confirms what you're saying. So this will probably end in stalemate, because I'm not going to research your theories. :)

Reactions: tayyabyounas