• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Suffering from RDS

RedheadDane said:
Restday Deprival Symptoms

That terrible, terrible feeling you get during the rest days of the GTs. Your hands are shaking from deprival of your daily dose of the drama in Italy/France/Spain

(Am I the only one?)

Being in North America, I'm about to head to lunch when most of these stages are finishing up. Sometimes I have time to sneak in a stream while I'm working, sometimes not. In any case, I never have a chance to feel withdrawals :p

Jul 8, 2010
Visit site
Random Tour de France stage:

One of my friends: "Come, we are going to <random place name>."
Me: "Sorry, there will be an exciting stage at the TdF."

Rest day:

Me: "We should go to the beach or somewhere."
Most of my friends: "I don't want it today./No time./Blabla."

-> Hate rest days. (or hate the Tour? :confused: :D)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
As I am self employed working out of my home, the timezone in which I reside works very well for my sports addictions. Both FIS and UCI races are accessable in my mornings. The downside is that, as I prefer to watch them live, I have to pospone normal morning routines.

It is nice to have a morning back...

But I'm suffering TdF withdraws. (I've noticed that participating in fantasy games does not help.)

Jan 6, 2010
Visit site
Thee_chisa said:
me too, watching the highlights of yesterdays stage, looking at it again, cadel looked strong. looking forward to tomorrow

really? Cadel looked fairly weak, barely struggled to keep with Contador et al when he chased the first 2 mini-attack before, and looked relieved Contador didn't chase Schleck down sucessfully

May 31, 2010
Visit site
ScottyMuser said:
really? Cadel looked fairly weak, barely struggled to keep with Contador et al when he chased the first 2 mini-attack before, and looked relieved Contador didn't chase Schleck down sucessfully

at the end he looked a bit gone, but on the climb he rode like a champ. but he has a crap team so i dunno if he has teh overall strength to win overall.

Know what you mean. I just re-watched the last hour of yesterdays stage. I watched the late Versus coverage so I could hear Bob and the other guy this time instead of Paul & Phil. I wanted to hear Bob's reaction to the time loss by his man-crush.

Sadly, I won't be able to watch tomorrow's stage until long after it's over and I'm going to have to try to avoid finding out what happens for most of the day.

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm grateful for the rest days. In Australia starts on tele at 10pm and finishes around 2am, its one of the few nights during the European Sports Season (including Giro, Wimbledon, any Golf tournament, cricket) where I can get a full nights sleep!

TRENDING THREADS