• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

super light clincher rim

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
PT = power tap

Carbon is fine I want it for both training and racing as I would want to have the PT for both.

The hub would off set the weight of the rim, and then some. So I want as light a rim as I can get away with.

ta

St. Elia said:
PT = power tap

Carbon is fine I want it for both training and racing as I would want to have the PT for both.

The hub would off set the weight of the rim, and then some. So I want as light a rim as I can get away with.

ta

Edge. I'd say 28h unless you are really light. Bring your checkbook and it's gotta be a tubular rim to be light.

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
About the best you can do for an aluminum clincher is 400 grams (Sun Assault or Velocity Arrowhead).

Edge makes a low-profile carbon tubular rim that weights 200 grams. But they are super expensive at about $750 each. Probably not an idea wheel to use for training...

nightfend said:
About the best you can do for an aluminum clincher is 400 grams (Sun Assault or Velocity Arrowhead).

Edge makes a low-profile carbon tubular rim that weights 200 grams. But they are super expensive at about $750 each. Probably not an idea wheel to use for training...

Or Kinlin. 300mm 'aero' rims, pretty light so don't use too few spokes. 400 gram aluminum is somewhat 'fragile'.

TRENDING THREADS