support for lance website

Page 5 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Apr 9, 2009
1,916
0
0
TubularBills said:
Wow, If I was a CEO and received a threat from an athlete who is in the crucible and under a microscope - I'd call it a day, revel in the past profits, and sign the dissolution paperwork stat.
Agreed. I can't see any CEO of the large and fairly large companies that sponsor Big Tex being remotely intimidated by any sort of thinly veiled "blackmail by bad PR." Any of these companies, Nike and Oakley in particular, can squash Tex and what remains of his image like bugs if they decide it's time to do that. And frankly I do think he'll be thrown under the bus by his sponsors before this is all over but we'll just have to wait and see what happens.
 
From Scott SoCal on 9/14 (apologies if it's already been posted):

Your story is truly unbelievable! You inspire.... countless numbers of people.

Just like my other cycling heros, Ullrich, Museeuw, Pantani and Basso, you never have tested positive. No worries... everything is good when the truth is on your side.
 

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
376
1
0
hfer07 said:
maybe you & the sponsors keep thinking about LA's doping as the central core of the Investigation, when in reality is just one aspect of the entire puzzle.....
True, but it's hard not to focus on this central deceit.
 

jimmypop

BANNED
Jul 16, 2010
376
1
0
TubularBills said:
Wow, If I was a CEO and received a threat from an athlete who is in the crucible and under a microscope - I'd call it a day, revel in the past profits, and sign the dissolution paperwork stat.
That's the thing with Armstrong - he's surrounded by others who profited just as much as he did and have nearly as much to lose (financially, at least) as he does. There's a tight inner
circle, and his business partners are just as worried as he is. It's not just Armstrong tossing threats around.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
I censored myself for a rhetorical reason, and if the conclusion to my ellipsis is not clear to you, I will add that you are also obviously and idiot.
You were correct in half your uses of an ellipsis and you used AND incorrectly and you thought I could decipher your drug addled rhetoric?
 
May 13, 2009
692
1
0
Tried to post this:

Hi Lance, just a friendly reminder that I have not received your latest donation yet (check my pay pal account twice this morning). Please note that we really want to buy this new doping machine ASAP, therefore pay me pal soon.

Yours truly,

P McQuid


PD: Oh yeah, and I believe in you. You are clean and innocent lol.
 
May 13, 2009
3,093
2
0
Some really funny ones. How many do you think are from people reading this thread? More than 50% (of the funny ones that is)?
 
As Hog says, if you want to see genuine Lance fans in action, go into the comments section of the latest Lance article in the Huffington Post. Unbelievable stuff. Here's a few, but it could have been any:


First, let's put aside for the moment whether Lance Armstrong doped during his career. Now, let's consider the motivation of a man who helped lead Americans into the Tour de France and who should be content with his own palmares (honors) in that area: Greg LeMond. Taping a phone conversation and lying about doing it to the person on the other end of the line---who does he imagine himself to be? Elliot Ness? I doubt it. What everyone else has been saying about LeMond springs to mind: jealousy. Would I trust his motivation? Would I trust him not to fake the tape? How can I trust a tape that someone has held onto for six odd years? Motivation again! Couldn't bring it up when Armstrong was winning all those Tours, now could he? Maybe it just wouldn't have held up..They say revenge is a dish best served cold....maybe the tape is, too.
More importantly, I want to get at the motivation of the then so-called friends who claimed they heard Armstrong tell his doctors about doping. Let me get this right: You're in the hospital room of someone fighting cancer. You're there as friend, support, life-line in a life or death crisis in order to see your friend through it. Even if that friendship goes bust, you should have the human decency to keep that time sacred. It's the old rule about not hitting a guy when he's down. Human decency. Period. Even if it was said, you should "never have heard it." Conversations between a patient and his doctors are privileged. Same should go for anyone in a sick room. Anything else is inhuman, pure and simple.
Personally, I believe Lance Armstrong never doped after cancer. As he said in his first book, why would anyone in his right mind, after chemo, pour more poison into himself?
Did he dope before cancer? I don't know and choose to believe he didn't, out of respect for the life he has lived in raising money for cancer research, helping new patients and their families, and for survivorship. A man has a right to be judged on the record of his older self. "He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone."

http://www.fanhouse.com/2010/09/16/lance-armstrong-reportedly-tied-to-performance-enhancers-in-reco/?ncid=edlinkusspor00000004

***Edited by mod***

Note: Do NOT reprint entire articles, and please insert a link to your source, or I will delte the entire posting.

I also took the colour out as it was a bit too much......
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
JRTinMA said:
You were correct in half your uses of an ellipsis and you used AND incorrectly and you thought I could decipher your drug addled rhetoric?
"And" should be in quotes Einstein. Also, the sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for confirming that you are not only a loser (using your criteria), but also an idiot.

Plus, if you can't discern the meaning of my "rhetoric" because of one misplaced "d," then you are bordering on being a complete ****ing idiot.
 
Thoughtforfood said:
"And" should be in quotes Einstein. Also, the sentence structure leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for confirming that you are not only a loser (using your criteria), but also an idiot.

Plus, if you can't discern the meaning of my "rhetoric" because of one misplaced "d," then you are bordering on being a complete ****ing idiot.
Where is your typical bigoted and homophobic rant about meeting you in a park? Seems they have your narrow mind on a short leash. The best violation of forum rules you could come up with is calling me an idiot twice, a loser and using the f word? Look who's on their knees now.
 
A

Anonymous

Guest
JRTinMA said:
Where is your typical bigoted and homophobic rant about meeting you in a park? Seems they have your narrow mind on a short leash. The best violation of forum rules you could come up with is calling me an idiot twice, a loser and using the f word? Look who's on their knees now.
...uh...okay...(I see you still don't get the concept of irony)

I didn't call you those things, I just revealed a self evident truth. Sorry to ruin your Cornflakes with the news. Also note that the "loser" tag was instituted by you with a set of criteria that you unfortunately seem to meet on a continual basis. I would suggest not making a rule you yourself do no follow, but hey, some people like looking stupid. With you, it seems almost to be a profession.
 
Digger said:
As Hog says, if you want to see genuine Lance fans in action, go into the comments section of the latest Lance article in the Huffington Post. Unbelievable stuff. Here's a few, but it could have been any:


First, let's put aside for the moment whether Lance Armstrong doped during his career. Now, let's consider the motivation of a man who helped lead Americans into the Tour de France and who should be content with his own palmares (honors) in that area: Greg LeMond. Taping a phone conversation and lying about doing it to the person on the other end of the line---who does he imagine himself to be? Elliot Ness? I doubt it. What everyone else has been saying about LeMond springs to mind: jealousy. Would I trust his motivation? Would I trust him not to fake the tape? How can I trust a tape that someone has held onto for six odd years? Motivation again! Couldn't bring it up when Armstrong was winning all those Tours, now could he? Maybe it just wouldn't have held up..They say revenge is a dish best served cold....maybe the tape is, too.
More importantly, I want to get at the motivation of the then so-called friends who claimed they heard Armstrong tell his doctors about doping. Let me get this right: You're in the hospital room of someone fighting cancer. You're there as friend, support, life-line in a life or death crisis in order to see your friend through it. Even if that friendship goes bust, you should have the human decency to keep that time sacred. It's the old rule about not hitting a guy when he's down. Human decency. Period. Even if it was said, you should "never have heard it." Conversations between a patient and his doctors are privileged. Same should go for anyone in a sick room. Anything else is inhuman, pure and simple.
Personally, I believe Lance Armstrong never doped after cancer. As he said in his first book, why would anyone in his right mind, after chemo, pour more poison into himself?
Did he dope before cancer? I don't know and choose to believe he didn't, out of respect for the life he has lived in raising money for cancer research, helping new patients and their families, and for survivorship. A man has a right to be judged on the record of his older self. "He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone."
truly scary that someone out there actually believes this enough to write it!
 
May 26, 2010
28,144
2
0
Archibald said:
truly scary that someone out there actually believes this enough to write it!
Nah in the states they'll believe almost anything...


HuffingtonPostComment said:
"He who is without sin, let him throw the first stone."
well this final comment says more than what was written previously. LA is a sinner!
 
Jan 22, 2011
403
0
9,280
Hmm...the admins over at Support For Lance must have killed themselves or.......they're asleep at the wheel.
Some factual posts have been allowed!:eek:

They have always removed anti Lance posts (naturally)...except when I posted "Lance Is Always Reputable." It was too subtle. ;)

From their site:

Clint said:
Face the charges like a man and defend yourself at the arbitration. Your claim of never failing a test is so ridicullous. You are rich and can hire world class docs to help you pass all of them. You and all of the other riders that used PEDs robbed the kids who refused to use them of a succesful career in cycling. The argument that you just cheated better than the cheaters doesn't justify the joke you all made of cycling in your generation. If you are innocent, this is your chance to prove it. I'll bet you can't. Get ready for the SCA lawsuits and many others from the parties you defrauded.
Roger said:
Lance's paid liars have invent the myth that lance has passed 500 tests. That he never tested positive. That he was the most tested athlete in history. They offer no evidence to support it, because it is a lie. One that is rather easy to prove wrong

You can look up the WADA testing history of any American rider on the USADA website.

http://www.usada.org/athlete-test-history

Since 2001 Lance has been tested 29 times. By comparison

George Hincapie 38
levi Leipheimer 40
Kirsten Armstrong 66

In 2004 le Equipe published Armstrong's UCI testing figures

* 1999 : 15 contr&#244]http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/hami...-on-60-minutes[/url]

USADA said that Armstrong blood tests from 2009 and 2010 showed clear signs of manipulation and EPO use. This during the same period the UCI ignored 5 Biopassport positives and refused to share Armstrong's Biopassport testing results with WADA

Anti-Doping Officials Step Up Cycling Oversight - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
masking_agent The Clinic 2

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS