• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Suzanne Sonye

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I came across the name "Suzanne Sonye" in David Walsh's book "Seven Deadly Sins" as the assistant who outed Kayle Leogrande's drug use. This helped to set a chain of events in motion for the eventual USADA investigation.

The climate for whistleblowing was different, even in 2009. In her way, she showed the same type of courage Betsy Andreu, Emma O'Reilly and others did.

http://www.womensadventuremagazine.com/issues/suzanne-sonye/

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
pleyser said:
I came across the name "Suzanne Sonye" in David Walsh's book "Seven Deadly Sins" as the assistant who outed Kayle Leogrande's drug use. This helped to set a chain of events in motion for the eventual USADA investigation.

The climate for whistleblowing was different, even in 2009. In her way, she showed the same type of courage Betsy Andreu, Emma O'Reilly and others did.

http://www.womensadventuremagazine.com/issues/suzanne-sonye/

100%
Suzanne caused the first chink in the USA doping network armor.
And as is the standard rules of engagement she got sidelined, bad mouthed and sued for doing the right thing and refusing to lie.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
coinneach said:
We can alsways count on ElChingon to lower the tone.;)...how many posts have you done in B on B thread?

How about you explain to everyone how you know any of that :rolleyes:

Still no more info on the matter.

MarkvW said:
Yeah. On one thing I agree with Maserati completely.

So you applaud Suzanne, and put her on the pedestal for being agent #1 in exposing the Lance lie.

How do you reconcile this with your recent statements on Frankie?

After all, who was it that took immediate action on Suzanne's complaint? Frankie reported this to the USADA as soon as Suzanne advised him that Kayle was doping.

But, Frankie didn't stop there. He resigned shortly thereafter due to 'differences in business strategy' with an owner that was clearly cultivating dopers.

Suzanne, on the other hand, continued on with the team after Frankie left.

If Suzanne is your heroine, clearly Frankie deserves your respect for his actions supporting her, even at the sacrifice of his job.

He was NOT a perpetrator. He did NOT help Lance dope.

The only assistance Frankie has provided with respect to Lance's doping, is to be the first teammate that was honest about Lance's doping. He has never misrepresented the truth.

MarkvW said:
That is serious bull. Frankie Andreu knowingly helped Armstrong dope to win the Tour de France. He may have been a victim, but he was also a perpetrator.

You gonna threaten me with a ban for telling the truth?

I cannot threaten you with a ban. I can merely point out your lies.

Dave.

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
MacRoadie said:
Suze is gonna just love this...

And she's still out killin' it.

1ew31h.jpg

http://cyclingillustrated.com/news/red-trolley-sunday-for-suzanne-sonye-helens/

May 7, 2009
Visit site
Interesting article. It appears Kayle Leogrande has taken a few pages from Lance Armstrong's playbook.

Maybe he got all those tattoos to cover the needle marks....

D-Queued said:
So you applaud Suzanne, and put her on the pedestal for being agent #1 in exposing the Lance lie.

After all, who was it that took immediate action on Suzanne's complaint? Frankie reported this to the USADA as soon as Suzanne advised him that Kayle was doping.

But, Frankie didn't stop there. He resigned shortly thereafter due to 'differences in business strategy' with an owner that was clearly cultivating dopers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Andreu

If Suzanne is your heroine, clearly Frankie deserves your respect for his actions supporting her, even at the sacrifice of his job.

The only assistance Frankie has provided with respect to Lance's doping, is to be the first teammate that was honest about Lance's doping. He has never misrepresented the truth.

Dave.

Mostly I think Mark argues just for the sake of hearing himself, sometimes he is right and sometimes he is wrong but generally his batting average is akin to that of a broken clock. Or an American League pitcher.

D-Queued said:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frankie_Andreu

Dave.

You are baiting me!

Frankie Andreu is obviously both a perpetrator and a victim. A person can be both. In the concrete world of the forum, I can see how such a concept can be difficult to reconcile. Frankie helped the doper win! Are you so uninformed that you are ignorant of that fact? Are you also so completely ignorant of the fact that Andreu DOPED in order to help Lance the doper win? Why do you post such infantile nonsense?

If you'd open up your mind (I know it's almost impossible for you) and look at the context of my post (I know . . . to you context is unimportant), you'd realize that I was railing against Berzin's BS style of "moderating." All this forum needs is a fascist moderator enforcing his own interpretation of the hive mentality.

MarkvW said:
You are baiting me!

Frankie Andreu is obviously both a perpetrator and a victim. A person can be both. In the concrete world of the forum, I can see how such a concept can be difficult to reconcile. Frankie helped the doper win! Are you so uninformed that you are ignorant of that fact? Are you also so completely ignorant of the fact that Andreu DOPED in order to help Lance the doper win? Why do you post such infantile nonsense?

snipeed..

Sensible post. The timeline does support Andreu, but his character needs to be questioned. I still think we have about five core ethical characters in the game.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
MarkvW said:
If you'd open up your mind (I know it's almost impossible for you) and look at the context of my post (I know . . . to you context is unimportant), ...

Mark, just to address this as you also directed a post at me the other day when I responded to D Queued.

Can't you respond without the insults? Do the remarks you've included add anything to your argument that would be lost without them being there?

If you are going to police etiquette on the forum, then at least show some yourself.

[/offmyhighhorsewhichIneverliketobeoninthefirstplace]

peterst6906 said:
Mark, just to address this as you also directed a post at me the other day when I responded to D Queued.

Can't you respond without the insults? Do the remarks you've included add anything to your argument that would be lost without them being there?

If you are going to police etiquette on the forum, then at least show some yourself.

There is no etiquette on this forum. Please consider all my requests for civility as just a more refined form of personal attack!

peterst6906 said:

Your point is well taken. I'll delete my offending post.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
D-queued..

Do you have any idea why I stayed on? and only for a few weeks longer than Frankie. Exactly, you have no clue because you were not there. There were MANY legal issues going on that you are not privey to and you shouldn't be, thank god I had Frankie and Betsey's support....It seriously messed up my life.

suzanne sonye said:
D-queued..

Do you have any idea why I stayed on? and only for a few weeks longer than Frankie. Exactly, you have no clue because you were not there. There were MANY legal issues going on that you are not privey to and you shouldn't be, thank god I had Frankie and Betsey's support....It seriously messed up my life.

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your note. I would never presume to speak for you, nor was I presuming to interpret your actions in a negative light.

My sincerest apologies if I misspoke or inadvertently suggested anything negative about you.

The one and only intent of my comments was to address the inappropriate vitriol directed towards Frankie. Such 'aiding and abetting' innuendo flies in the face of the facts, and appears to be consistent with the smearing, bullying, baiting and harassing that Lance has attempted to apologize for.

If you believe that my comments with respect to Frankie were in error, I would be supportive of and interested in your revisions.

Dave.

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Dave,

I think people don't understand how difficult it is for someone like myself who is such a small part in the this affair to read people talking about them like they may know me or more than what they read, it's such a bizzare feeling and I am fortunate that 99.9% of the people are in favor of me, which is nice. I like reading all the kind words as they are what has gotten me through this ugly affair.

To clear things up Kayle and I are now friends and have talked about this issue at length, it's behind us. Frankie and Betsy were bullied by Lance and his people for years. This entire doping issue with Lance makes me sick to my stomach but in my opinion his tactics and the way he treated people and having the power and money on his side is just scary and I'm happy it's all coming out, but it stings everyone, everyone.

Sorry for the over reaction to your words, sometimes it just gets to me.

Suzanne.

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Dazed and Confused said:
Sensible post. The timeline does support Andreu, but his character needs to be questioned. I still think we have about five core ethical characters in the game.

Maybe that's the difference. i'm not looking for white hats outside of Cowboy films. Not even the 'heroes' of the present crisis. It's enough that they did the right thing at the right time. Deifying them as 'incorruptables' leads only to future disappointments,

I don't expect a white knight. I expect a hard, slow, frustrating slog with many backward steps and with no guarantee of success. And the hope, for that is all it is, that the sport will be cleaner at the end than it was in the beginning.

suzanne sonye said:
Dave,

I think people don't understand how difficult it is for someone like myself who is such a small part in the this affair to read people talking about them like they may know me or more than what they read, it's such a bizzare feeling and I am fortunate that 99.9% of the people are in favor of me, which is nice. I like reading all the kind words as they are what has gotten me through this ugly affair.

To clear things up Kayle and I are now friends and have talked about this issue at length, it's behind us. Frankie and Betsy were bullied by Lance and his people for years. This entire doping issue with Lance makes me sick to my stomach but in my opinion his tactics and the way he treated people and having the power and money on his side is just scary and I'm happy it's all coming out, but it stings everyone, everyone.

Sorry for the over reaction to your words, sometimes it just gets to me.

Suzanne.

Don't apologize.

Thank you very much for speaking up here. Your sentiment is very important, because it is so honest.

And, thank you for being courageous enough to speak up in the first place.

Dave.

D-Queued said:
Don't apologize.

Thank you very much for speaking up here. Your sentiment is very important, because it is so honest.

And, thank you for being courageous enough to speak up in the first place.

Dave.

Well said.

Thank you for honoring courage and participation.

We need more of this.

TRENDING THREADS