• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

swearing on eurosport

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Kerbdog said:
Has there been any announcement on whats happening to him? Surely the guys safe?

if he is sacked there will be a massive protest i would have thought, he is the best english speaking commentator in cycling by a distance, and him and sean are perfect together.

Jul 24, 2009
Visit site
Big_Blue_Dave said:
the most unknowledgeable studio presenter ever in James Richardson [...] I'd just love to see Richardson get bumped for someone with much greater knowledge on the sport.
I have to admit to being a fan of James Richardson. When he presented for the first time, it's true that he was no good. But he's improved year-on-year, and this year I thought he was prodding his guests with a lot of good questions and points. Plus he has a nice wit. He seems to be an acquired taste, though.

David Harmon is by no means perfect (he often seems to spend too long looking up statistics and missing graphics coming up on the screen, then wondering how big the gap is etc. and his pronunciation of some names drives me totally crackers - although he's far from the worst offender on that count) but compared to every other main commentator I have heard he is by far the best, and I seriously doubt Eurosport would be daft enough to ship him off over something so tiny.

On a side note, I will never understand people who complain about Seán Kelly. Yes, his voice may sound boring the first time you hear him but you get used to him, and his analysis is always totally controlled and sober and well-thought through.

I really like James Richardson as well - ever since he used to present the Italian football on C4.

As for Harmon, I can't really imagine what it'd be like without him. He is undoubtedly the best cycling commentator around. From his Twitter posts, it seemed like he was fired though :(

Apr 1, 2009
Visit site
"On a side note, I will never understand people who complain about Seán Kelly. Yes, his voice may sound boring the first time you hear him but you get used to him, and his analysis is always totally controlled and sober and well-thought through. "

Exactly. Never loses sight of the race either. I really want to know if Harmon is ok though. Surely he cant be gone?

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
Kerbdog said:
"On a side note, I will never understand people who complain about Seán Kelly. Yes, his voice may sound boring the first time you hear him but you get used to him, and his analysis is always totally controlled and sober and well-thought through. "

Exactly. Never loses sight of the race either. I really want to know if Harmon is ok though. Surely he cant be gone?

I have had a check around and I don't believe he is - or should be - gone, but he probably got a bollocking from Eurosport :D

Jun 3, 2009
Visit site
Nice choice of words.

Also on the subject of eurosport, anyone seen how poor the Paris-Tours coverage is, the Giro Di Lombardia coverage isn't that great either for us british folk. (International people get the full live coverage)

Mar 12, 2009
Visit site
Harmon and Kelly are the Morcombe and Wise of cycling commentary. Harmon is so knowlegable about current riders, he can identify the most obscure domestique from a sillueted riding style, and Kelly's analysis is always spot on, informed by his experience. Much as I liked Duffers, Eurosport's cycling coverage is much improved by the Harmon/Kelly double act.

Eurosport is bollox anyway.

TRENDING THREADS