• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 121 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
No, but i do think it's not as clear cut as saying "he can climb well, so he can compete at RVV as well".

I don't think that was what I said, by that logic Landa and López would be favourites for De Ronde.

But I do think that it's nonsensical to write him off De Ronde because it has climbing in it when he is a) good at climbing, b) punchy and c) the defending winner of Roubaix.

Wow, pretty bold statement from Boonen. Maybe he said so to warn his compatriot there (WVA). I believe that Pogacar can be a factor at this race (he's simply too good no to be) but OFC there are riders with much better chances there. Then again, if Pog gets some experience during RVV it cannot be ruled out that one day he will win it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sandisfan
Wow, pretty bold statement from Boonen. Maybe he said so to warn his compatriot there (WVA). I believe that Pogacar can be a factor at this race (he's simply too good no to be) but OFC there are riders with much better chances there. Then again, if Pog gets some experience during RVV it cannot be ruled out that one day he will win it.
Exactly. Pogacar has the qualities. But the riding there is so nervous, and the roads are sometimes so narrow, that you must have some experience to immediately compete for the win.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Brilliantly done today

FMSILcgXIAUC5fg

Ah true. But still it might backfire in a couple of weeks. Let's hope it doesn't. It explains why he did look a bit more tired than usual in some parts of the race though.

Maybe his form is weaker than last year at this point but all things considered it was a great race for him. He's young and I think he has had 3 shots and it seems covid didn't hit him more than another infection would.

Last edited:
This kid! :beercheers:

Just incredible. I still remember the first time I saw his name where he was 18 years old and finished quite high on an MTF in his home stage race. Sure, it was impressive as people didn't usually do that well at such a tender age. But that he in five years would win two Tours, two monuments and countless other races was not quite something I would have bet on back then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lui98 and jmdirt