• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 187 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Does anyone know why Tadej is off the GP Plouay startlist? He seems to be training around Monaco so not injured I assume.

Looks like he's back on, and I don't think UAE has announced their roster yet, so probably just PCS playing a game of "Add and Remove".

Update: He's riding!

302077268_2889684364509899_1719198388034390197_n.jpg

Last edited:
Is August 2022 the month of change of the generations? The older ones, Rog, Pog, Bernal, disappear, whereas the young guns, Ayuso, Uijtdebroeks, Remco, take over…

Tadej is and stays a champion, and his focus now might switch to a „Battle Royale“ versus Primoz, in Giro 2023. Looking forward to that! :)
Old geezer Pog should clearly retire

Is August 2022 the month of change of the generations? The older ones, Rog, Pog, Bernal, disappear, whereas the young guns, Ayuso, Uijtdebroeks, Remco, take over…

Tadej is and stays a champion, and his focus now might switch to a „Battle Royale“ versus Primoz, in Giro 2023. Looking forward to that! :)

Pure comedic. gold. 3 months ago Pogi was considered unbeatable by many. the only one I could see switching to the Giro is Roglic. If everyone stays healthy there will be a Pog vs. Vinge rematch possibly with Remco and Bernal also in contention but that's a long way.

Reactions: Sandisfan
Pure comedic. gold. 3 months ago Pogi was considered unbeatable by many. the only one I could see switching to the Giro is Roglic. If everyone stays healthy there will be a Pog vs. Vinge rematch possibly with Remco and Bernal also in contention but that's a long way.

People keep wanting to throw Bernal in there but I just don't see him having the level.

This is the first race back after his break and he was clearly tired after the Tour so it does not say that much in my opinion.

This is also not exactly a race which suits him best either. Just think UAE uses this race to get him into the rhythm for Canada and the worlds.

There is a rumour going on he had covid (like Majka, the not that contagious version) during the last week of the tour.

I am still kinda bumped that he is not doing the Vuelta this year. I belive that 95% of Pogi would make this Vuelta a lot more interesting ;)

How about 50%? Did u see Teddy in San Sebastian or Bretagne? In the former he was dead tired and in the latter out of form. Post GT recovery is not his strong side, especially after that epic battle with the fishy guy, who himself still has exhaustion problems.

Reactions: noob and Lui98
How about 50%? Did u see Teddy in San Sebastian or Bretagne? In the former he was dead tired and in the latter out of form. Post GT recovery is not his strong side, especially after that epic battle with the fishy guy, who himself still has exhaustion problems.
What do you think about his chances for WC and Lombardia? Last year it seems he also had a weak period around August then was strong for Sep/Oct

Reactions: Sandisfan
What do you think about his chances for WC and Lombardia? Last year it seems he also had a weak period around August then was strong for Sep/Oct

Lombardia is later and the route suits him well so more likely that he reaches winning form by then, not sure about WC. Then again, he went so deep at the Tour that mediocre form till the season end is possible as well.

Reactions: noob and Sandisfan

TRENDING THREADS