• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 492 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Great city but very difficult to find place to live. Be ready to having to jump from apartments for a while, or live in the outskirts, unless you are a millionaire or got enough savings for a loan to buy a place.

I'm a man of means, so to quote Magnus Carlsson: Möt mig i Gamla Stan nu ikväll.

Or maybe I'm just a mean man. I haven't fully decided yet.

Great city but very difficult to find place to live. Be ready to having to jump from apartments for a while, or live in the outskirts, unless you are a millionaire or got enough savings for a loan to buy a place.

You people have a really strange way of getting outside...

---

But to return to Pogacar - who I pressume gets outside by using the door - while he's very unlikely to make a last-minute entrance to Vlaanderen, I'm very much looking forward to see how he fares at LBL, having - for one reason or another - been unable to feature in the last two years.

Last edited:

---

But to return to Pogacar - who I pressume gets outside by using the door - while he's very unlikely to make a last-minute entrance to Vlaanderen, I'm very much looking forward to see how he fares at LBL, having - for one reason or another - been unable to feature in the last two years.
If UAE bring their A-team, then I think he should win it. I think there's only one guy who in theory could withstand Pog's attack on the climbs and that guy is way weaker in a flat sprint. All Pog needs to do, is not let Remco go and he's got this...

If UAE is unable to control the race, then anything can happen, of course.

If UAE bring their A-team, then I think he should win it. I think there's only one guy who in theory could withstand Pog's attack on the climbs and that guy is way weaker in a flat sprint. All Pog needs to do, is not let Remco go and he's got this...

If UAE is unable to control the race, then anything can happen, of course.
I think LBL route suits very well Roglic characteristics. He will naturally improve since PN, so i think there will be 3 main favourites, Pogacar, Remco and Roglic.
Van der poel will be the outsider.

Reactions: Sandisfan
I think LBL route suits very well Roglic characteristics. He will naturally improve since PN, so i think there will be 3 main favourites, Pogacar, Remco and Roglic.
I'm still wondering why does vingegard chose basque race where there is no a single long climb remco and roglic could easily win it with their punchy cxcs and the TT.

Merckx won 11 grand tours, including 5 TdFs. But in Jonas Vingegaard, Pogi has hit a TdF roadblock. I don’t think it’s fair to mention. But certainly in the modern era we have not seen a more versatile rider than Pogacar. It is enjoyable to witness as it unfolds. But first things first - the Giro d’Italia.
And that's because Vingegaard is more aerobically efficient, Pog more explosive. But aerobic effeciency wins Tours.

And that's because Vingegaard is more aerobically efficient, Pog more explosive. But aerobic effeciency wins Tours.
I dont think vingegaard wins any tour if pogacar isnt hurt. Has he ever done it? Dont think its even close.

What does people here think about Carlos Rodriguez this year? Hes actually from the same city as me. Hes already shown high potential and naturaly to think he will become stronger too duo to his age. Curious about his development this year.

• Wow
Does Pogacar have any plans to go to altitude after giro for tour preperations too? and if so for how long?

I remember contador superior as he was to try the double its so hard your body simply doesnt recuperate the same, after such way such a big effort/wear and tear, its haaard i guess its a reason never been done in modern cycling.

---

Yeah it killed the race last year when he crashed out in such an unfortunate way even before the broadcast had begun.

LBL is probably the most even battleground for top Pog and top Remco to square off. I favour Pogacar as I still think he has the better sprint of it comes to that final.

The route does but not the length. Monument length races traditionally just don’t work for him. Look how often he has been excellent in Giro D’Emilia only to fade in the latter stages of Lombardia 1 week later.

Reactions: bNator and SHAD0W93
Does Pogacar have any plans to go to altitude after giro for tour preperations too? and if so for how long?

I remember contador superior as he was to try the double its so hard your body simply doesnt recuperate the same, after such way such a big effort/wear and tear, its haaard i guess its a reason never been done in modern cycling.
Its about managing ur efforts in the preceding GT. We can take nairo for ex in 2016 tour he was under performing at the tour finishing 3rd and then won the vuelta against froome in what was his best grand tour performance. In 2018 tom doumulin was good at the giro finishing 2nd and at the tour he was even better. So if pog and his management are smart enough they could stop being aggressive after 1st rest day with 3+min advantage at the giro and no team would pull with pogi in the wheel. Its boring for us fans but a giro tour blessing for pogi

I feel you and i think your right to many degree. (but is that in pogacar nature tho, he is a canibal)

Only thing is giro tour is different world vs tour vuelta. I remember contador how superior he was and he couldnt even stand a chance, his level dipped so much and it was all due to body dont have proper time to recover and then build a new high again.

So regardless he wont be 100% at the tour anyway but its like you say about beeing as good as possible can and in there lies the question i think how good he can be in giro tour double in the tour.

Remains to be seen what level he can muster after giro in that little time and how reduced he is i do think he can win the tour at 95 and 90% if he dont fatigue to much last week which i doubt with this schedule (unless injuries etc which throw it all out obvious)
Its about managing ur efforts in the preceding GT. We can take nairo for ex in 2016 tour he was under performing at the tour finishing 3rd and then won the vuelta against froome in what was his best grand tour performance. In 2018 tom doumulin was good at the giro finishing 2nd and at the tour he was even better. So if pog and his management are smart enough they could stop being aggressive after 1st rest day with 3+min advantage at the giro and no team would pull with pogi in the wheel. Its boring for us fans but a giro tour blessing for pogi
Breathe, breathe.

mou why you have 4/5 accounts? Another one?
And why are you talking to himself?

At least you could disguise it in writing so that no one realizes it's you. It's the same way of writing.