• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Tadej Pogačar discussion thread

Page 549 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Anyone listen to the cycling podcast Giro preview? They had an interview with the UAE head of performance.
I was listening as I go to sleep so its a bit foggy, but quite interesting.

He lost the tour in 2022 because he missed a feed and was double teamed by Rog and Jonas. (If this is true why wouldn't riders have a gel or 2 taped to their bike in case of emergency?)

New coach, Dr. Inigo Zone 2 has been canned and now Pog is doing way more intensity and better understanding and training the ability to do mega power after a long day of calorie depletion and workload and said this was evidenced by his long attacks in Strade and Liege.

My main takeaway was look the f0ck out next week
It makes a lot of sense and we been privy to the information. Too bad some haters stopped us from getting more of it.

Reactions: Vudy and snipeheem
Anyone listen to the cycling podcast Giro preview? They had an interview with the UAE head of performance.
I was listening as I go to sleep so its a bit foggy, but quite interesting.

He lost the tour in 2022 because he missed a feed and was double teamed by Rog and Jonas. (If this is true why wouldn't riders have a gel or 2 taped to their bike in case of emergency?)

New coach, Dr. Inigo Zone 2 has been canned and now Pog is doing way more intensity and better understanding and training the ability to do mega power after a long day of calorie depletion and workload and said this was evidenced by his long attacks in Strade and Liege.

My main takeaway was look the f0ck out next week

@mou is that you?

• Haha
Reactions: Sandisfan
G. Thomas said Pogacar was Merckx like and now Gilbert too today said theres nothing like him, in the entire peleton and Gilbert had never been around a cyclist of the caliber of Pogacar thats just woow.

I find this so rare to hear like I watched cycling 20 years but never before has this been the theme, it its truly refreshing to listen cycling legends and active riders too talk about a active 25 year old like this I guess its only the beginning too, its so rare and special. What a time to be alive to witness Cycling greatness.
Last page someone said it was a foregone conclusion inside cycling he was already the best of all time!! im startig to believe its the case when everyone from active riders to living legends speak of him they always mention it its truly something else this, were witnessing history boys and garls

Last edited:
I think the first stage of the Giro will indicate the approach Pogacar is going to take. He could win it solo, probably easily, but he might chose not to. Immediately in pink, immediately having your team have to ride for the rest of the Giro. It’s easier to just keep calm in the beginning. Will also help for TDF preparation.
I guess we will find out at stage 2 already? If hes riding it as ''training'' as mentioned i believe he will start off rather rusty and get better and end the Giro stronger then he was so might take some stages before he does something. But then again a rusty Pogacar is maby better than everyone else already i guess we will see

I guess we will find out at stage 2 already? If hes riding it as ''training'' as mentioned i believe he will start off rather rusty and get better and end the Giro stronger then he was so might take some stages before he does something. But then again a rusty Pogacar is maby better than everyone else already i guess we will see
We’ve already seen at Liege that he isn’t rusty so he might choose not to go hard, but he definitely can go hard

Reactions: Sandisfan
Rogla didn't attacked. What he did in the last TT of the Giro wasn't attack.

I agree that it can't count as a mere attack. It was much, much more than that.

Still it's about Pogi this year and he is looking forward to it, basically ever since he was a young kid. For us Slovenians Tour is No.1 still Giro is and always was close to the heart. Hopefully a good match this year and i am sure that Pogi takes it seriously and doesn't underestimate it like some cycling fans might prior to the start of this edition.

Blocked and reported.
We disagree frequently but I consider Red Rick a vriend (virtual friend). When I read his posts I nearly always accidentally hit the report button and then I have to cancel it.
I haven't reported anyone since the Sky era and I regret that. These days, I get a few of my vriends to gang up on the offending party and virtually knee-cap them.

Team Comfirmed:

POGAČAR Tadej (Slo)
OLIVEIRA Rui (Por)
NOVAK Domen (Slo)
MOLANO Sebastian (Col)
MAIJKA Rafal (Pol)
LANGEN STAKE Vegard (Nor)
GROßSCHARTNER Felix (Aus)
BJERG Mikkel (Den)

GMZ04eZWwAAbeYL