• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Taylor(crash) phinney

MD said:
Seems to be kind of a ****** bag, and a little full of himself. Karma's a B
Karma? He doesn't appear to have done anything to anyone to deserve crashing all the time, so if you believe in karma you better watch out for being such a meanie head yourself.

I just hope he doesn't let it go to his head like Soler. It's perfectly possible to be successful with subpar handling abilities, although he should still work on it. Being the child of a former pro, I assume he's been riding since a young age, so it's kind of weird and might be just sheer bad luck.

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Karma? He doesn't appear to have done anything to anyone to deserve crashing all the time, so if you believe in karma you better watch out for being such a meanie head yourself.

I just hope he doesn't let it go to his head like Soler. It's perfectly possible to be successful with subpar handling abilities, although he should still work on it. Being the child of a former pro, I assume he's been riding since a young age, so it's kind of weird and might be just sheer bad luck.

Fair enough.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
No wonder he is crashing ... he is used to riding in circles on a bike that has no brakes ... perhaps he doesnt know how to use those brakes on his road bike :eek:

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
some people are just plain poor bike drivers aerobic endurance winning ability is absolutely and utterly unrelated to your balance and general hand eye abilities seen this time and time again.

Jul 6, 2009
Visit site
forty four said:
some people are just plain poor bike drivers aerobic endurance winning ability is absolutely and utterly unrelated to your balance and general hand eye abilities seen this time and time again.

also a tt into a wall????

Dec 27, 2010
Visit site
I suppose all the above posters have never gone into a corner too fast and overshot like Taylor did yesterday. I'm not even a big fan but some of the above is utter ********. Get out on your bikes FFS. **** happens.

will10 said:
I suppose all the above posters have never gone into a corner too fast and overshot like Taylor did yesterday. I'm not even a big fan but some of the above is utter ********. Get out on your bikes FFS. **** happens.
One crash: bad luck, once-in-a-lifetime miscalculation, whatever.
Constant crashes: something else might be going on here.

This thread wouldn't have been made if Phinney's crash had been the first one. If memory serves, last year he crashed in Denmark and l'Avenir (serious crashes, too), and this year he's crashed three or four times already. If you think that's normal...

I've over cooked a few turns, but none of that compares to the windsprints I used to do in high school basketball, and the time I forgot to stop and ran full speed into the wall.

TRENDING THREADS