• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Taylor Phinney Discussion Thread

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Yes, definitely a very good sign. I think there's still a bit of a mental barrier there (and I think that's totally normal). This is a repost but worth recalling what he's overcome. http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/876/a-look-back-at-taylor-phinneys-crash

I don't honestly know if he'll ever become a solid winner again, and I think he's a little ambivalent about racing -- again, it's natural, as he was born to be a bike racer but the crash and enforced time away from the bike seems to have led him to question a lot of things.

@taylorphinney says he crashed "face first into trees" during today's stage. He finished the race, face bloodied, saying "Some people freaked out with the way that I looked, but I was just thinking about my dad and Phinney style, you know?"

DjJAPPqW0AAr1L2.jpg:large